Cannot modify a page in theme pro

Hi MEI,

Yes, the issue is different but the cause might be the same, and that is why I referred to the thread. If that does not help, I would like to suggest troubleshooting the following common issue to help us to recognize the reason.

1. Theme Related Issue
  2. Plugin Conflict
  3. Theme Update related issue
  4. Child Theme Related issue
  5. CSS/JS Customization
  6. Disabling Cache
  7. Disabling CDN

If you discover that an issue is coming from a custom code or 3rd party plugin, kindly consult with a developer or contact the plugin author. Please note that we do not provide support for custom codes and 3rd party plugins.
If none of the above help, please copy your live site to a staging server so we could troubleshoot freely without breaking your live site.
And give us access to the secure note including:

– WordPress Site URL & Login URL
– WordPress Admin username/password

To create a secure note, click the key icon underneath any of your posts.

Thanks

Please check on production directly. I have already included the credential in previous chat.

Hello MEI,

Thanks for sharing the login details it seems that the page builder is working fine, I went ahead and added CSS and content and it seems that it is working fine at my end. Please have a look at the given screenshot in the secure note. I would suggest you please clear your browser cache and then check it again or check it in the private mode of the browser. I have checked on the Google Chrome browser Version 107.0.5304.88. If the issue still persists please let us know the browser and its version.

Thanks

Hi, i have tested again, please note the issue only affect css part, after modify and save, it will say the save is successful, but after you refresh the page, the css is empty.

Please try again to replicate.

I believe that’s definitely a bug, it also apply to other pages, i just wondering it is a bug for theme pro or a bug for WMPL, cause the user face to edit the css just look like themeco thing to me.

Hey Mei,

Our development team tried WPML on their test site, but the issue you described could not be replicated.

On your site, you the CSS disappears ONLY in the Chinese page. The British CSS works fine.

You mentioned we investigate in the production directly, but that would mean disrupting your site’s visitors because we’re going to disable all 3rd party plugins and customizations.

If that is OK, let us know and we’ll proceed.

If not, please copy your live site to a staging server and provide the staging login URL. Admin username and password should be the same.

Thanks.

I have cloned the site to staging, please test on below -

Hey Mei,

I deactivated all 3rd party plugins in your staging site and it went down. Please have your developer restore your staging site and kindly deactivate all 3rd party plugins in a way that it stays up.

Thanks.

Done. Please continue.

Hey Mei,

Thanks for deactivating all 3rd party plugins. I reactivated WPML because the problem only occurred on the translated page. With only WPML active, the CSS is saved successfully. This goes to show that the cause of the issue is another plugin.

My colleague said to test for a plugin conflict previously. It looks like you haven’t done that. Please do a plugin conflict test to catch the conflicting plugin.

The screenshot below was taken after the builder had been reloaded. That shows the CSS is saved successfully.

Thanks.

Hi, the conflict is from below wpml plugin. is theme-co supposed be compatable with it?

Hi Mei,

I had a long discussion with my senior colleague Rad on your issue, and we found that the translation has been made through the String Translation not manually using the Page Builder. And that is why the translated content shown in the page/post is done through the String Translation, not from a different page created in the Page Builder. It has been suggested that use the Manual Translation instead of the String Translation, to avoid such issues like this.

I would also suggest you go through the following article and an older threads on a similar topic.

Thanks

Hi,

I have to use the string translation as it allow me to translate the wording in other plugin (I believe page builder cannot do that), for example, the wording in email subscription section at the bottom in homepage.

I believe i cannot avoid using string translation plugin, can you advise should ask themeco or wpml to further discuss this issue?

Hello MeiLei,

I am only seeing this:

If you use WPML you may be able to translate the form as well.

Best Regards.

Hi Ruenel,

You are not getting the point.

The point is you told me not to use wpml string translation plugin, i’m telling you i need to use that plugin, and i believe themeco is compatable with wpml (string translation is part of the wpml), the question is who should be responsible to fix it.

You don’t even need to go to check the subscription section at homepage, there are more area we used string translation to translation, email subscription is one of it, gravity form is one of it. They were all working well before the latest plugin / wordpress upgrade. So i believe it is a solvable problem.

Hey Mei,

Since you’ve mentioned everything worked previously, please do restore your live site to that state so we can compare the old version that is working with your current WPML and WPML String Translation version.

By the way, what we’re going to do is post our findings in our issue tracker so that this case will be queued to be investigated by our development team.

We cannot provide an ETA for the fix nor a guaranteed fix.

Thanks.

Hi,

The restore will not work because we enabled the wordpress auto upgrade in the previous verison, and the upgraded wordpress has conflict with old version of wmpl and themeco. So i was forced to upgrade all plugin for compatibility issue. If i do not upgrade the plguin, we cannot even access the site after the wordpress auto upgrade.

Hey Mei,

You mentioned you cannot access your site after the upgrade. That is an issue with WPML not Pro.

Enabling auto-upgrade without a website backup to revert to is a bad practice. Since you don’t have a backup, please wait for the next version of Pro to see if the WPML String Translation issue will be fixed. There is no solution for now, and there is no simple fix.

Thank you for your understanding.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.