Cannot launch Cornerstone Content

When I want to work on my site I get this message:

“A conflict on the front end of your site has prevented the preview from loading”

I have seen many threads like this and it seems a general problem since the update. I also see many creative suggestions for solving this problem, but I neither have the time to deactivate several plugins and retrying, no do I want to add code or make changes in the .htaccess file or other ftp resources. This is not my job. I would like the theme I purchased to work.

I have a Wordpress Multisite, which seems to make this a bit trickier.

Unfortunately, support has not gotten back to me and I need to work on my sites urgently.
I have deactivated all installed plugins - that did not solve anything
I have cleared the site cache on CPanel - that did not solve anything
I have tried on another browser - that did not solve anything
Removed custom CSS - that did not solve anything
I do not have custom JS Content

I am at my wit’s end.

Yes, the update seems to be the trend across multiple cornerstone issues. I can’t create new cornerstone pages either, and I’ve yet to see Theme.co acknowledge or confirm it’s an update issue.

Hello @AugustIvy,

Thanks for asking and sorry for the trouble you faced. It’s my humble request that after you create the ticket, please do not bump the ticket as it pushes the same in the queue reason being we answer the ticket from oldest to newest.

Upon logging in I see that you are loading the website using HTTPS protocol but permalinks settings is still using HTTP protocol. Please see following screenshot. This is also evident from the error message I see in browser console Mixed Content: The page at 'https://flow.com.na/x/#/content/760/layout' was loaded over HTTPS, but requested an insecure XMLHttpRequest endpoint 'http://flow.com.na/about/'. This request has been blocked; the content must be served over HTTPS.

https://screencast.com/t/ZtCUDqxPz4Z

https://www.screencast.com/t/NslNGYfrkG7o

Because you are using SSL, you need to prefix HTTPS under WordPress Address (URL) and Site Address (URL). Doing that should fix the problem you are facing with Cornerstone. https://screencast.com/t/3max1GIULA

Let us know how it goes.

@Fb_TheRoad Request you to please create a new ticket and describe the issue you are facing over there along with relevant information? One of our team member will assist you to fix the problem.

Thanks.

@Prasant Thank you for feedback. Even though the solution was not that simple, because I have a WP multisite your response sent me on the right path. Unfortunately, there is not much info out there on how to change the site url on a WP multisite from http to https.
But once I figured out how to do it in phpMyAdmin it was easy and Cornerstone content loads now.

Glad to hear your website is working now.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.