Cannot Install Demo Sites for X or Pro

I have tried to get the Demo Sites to appear, and I can’t do it for my site hosted on WPEngine.

I checked the following settings and they seem to be good:
allow_url_fopen = On
upload_max_filesize = 512M
post_max_size = 512M
max_execution_time = 300
max_input_time = 300
max_allowed_packet = 16Mb
innodb_log_file_size = 128mb

Is there some type of problem on your end?

Hi @GideonLupine,

Thank you for writing in, no we have not receive report that has an issue on our server. Please do the following:

• Ensure that you are fully up to date. WordPress, Theme, and Cornerstone (Version Compatibility)

• Clear all the site caches (plugin, server-side, CDN, and browser’s cache) so that the code from the latest release is always in use. This will help you to avoid any potential errors. While you’re at it, please deactivate this caching feature while we tackle this issue.

• Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

Cheers!

I did all these basic steps. There are no plugins installed. Can I get some help installing the demo? Could a tech login to see if they can find anything wrong?

I can’t get the demo to install on multiple installs.

Hi @GideonLupine,

Would you mind sharing you credential so that we can check your back-end settings? To do that, please give us the following information in a Secure Note.

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin level username and password

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts.

Thank you.

I posted a secure note with the login info.

OK, it seems it was the Permalinks setting.

When I go to Settings> Permalinks and set it to Post Name, the ability to setup Demo Sites Appears.

I am now able to setup Demo Sites.

Hi @GideonLupine,

We’re glad that you’re able to figure it out! If you have any other concerns or clarifications regarding our theme features, feel free to open up a new thread.

Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.