Cannot Import Template

I have two different sites using X. I saved one cornerstone layout as a template, and exported/downloaded it (it was a. TCO file).

When I try to upload it to my second site, also using X, I get the following error:

I am not sure what I am doing wrong? I have tried to upload using the import option and by dragging and dropping it, and the error remains the same.

Hello Jordan,

Thanks for writing in! The file extension of the template file is .tco. It may be corrupted which is why it is not importing. Would you mind providing the WP Access to both site and the names of templates that needs to be imported and the details of where do the templates be exported to.

You can create a secure note in your next reply with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WP login URL
– WP username
– WP password
– WP Administrator Role
- Confirmation that we can access and make changes to your site

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: How The Forum Works

Best Regards.

That’s unfortunate. We thought this template would expedite the process, but at this point it will be quicker to just manually remake the page.

Hi Jordan,

It is very unfortunate that you are facing such a problem. If you have provided the credentials you could have investigated to find the reason behind it.

Thanks

Hi Tristup,

I have already finished manually building the page we were looking copy using the Import/Export feature.

Thanks

Hi Jordan,

Glad to know that you are able to replicate it.

Thanks

That was never in question. It just took way longer than we were hoping as a result of the import/export feature not working as expected, but it got there.

Hi Jordan,

There are many reasons why it takes a longer time to import the demo, but that is not possible to tell without investigating your site. Still, we are glad that you achieved what you want.

Thanks

Just to be clear, our issue was never with importing demo content. We were trying to import a very simple page created on another X Theme site.

Hello Jordan,

In order to help you with your concern, we need to check your settings I would request you please share your admin details and please your template file as well in the secure note so that we can check it at our end.

Thanks

Hi,

Thanks for the response. As mentioned previously in the thread, we do not need the import issue resolved; we manually rebuilt the page we were trying to make (not ideal, but deadlines are deadlines). We are not looking for further support. I was just ensuring the previous staff member understood the original issue in case it comes up again from other customers.

Hey Jordan,

We’re glad that you’re able to find alternative ways to fix your issue! If you have any other concerns or clarifications regarding our theme features, feel free to open up a new thread.

Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.