Cannot import demo

Hi,

I am running version 5.1.1. of X on Wordpress v.4.8.1. When I tried to import the Renew 5 demo, I got a message: “We’re sorry, the demo failed to finish importing.”

I followed the advice in the knowledge base but nothing has helped. My PHP memory limit is set to 256MB.

Please help!

Hi There,

I have revoked your license and used our staff license to validate your site and generate demo content. I was able to generate Renew 5 demo without any errors.

Please re-validate your site again using your license.

Note: Our standard demos only includes dummy text and image placeholders. If you want to try a full demo including content and media files, please try generating one of expanded demos.

Thanks!

Hi,

After I posted my question here, I contacted my web host and explained the problem. They responded by saying that they went ahead and enabled outgoing connections for the theme. I then tried it again and it worked.

The issue that I have now is that I am unable to edit the light blue panel on the left hand side. That’s the one with the white cloud image which, when hovered over, displays “just another wordpress site”.

Are you able to advise how I can go about changing that image?

Thanks -
Steve

Hi Steve,

To change the logo, head over to Appearance -> Customize -> Header section and then under Logo – Image upload your own logo. Most of the header related options are here, for example you can disabled the search icon showing below the menu.

To manage your Menus, head over to Appearance -> Customize -> Menus section and click on the active menu.

Hope that’s clear.
Thanks!

Many thanks for your help!

Glad we were able to help :slight_smile: