Cannot Edit with Pro 4.2.3

I cannot get Pro to load for editing content on a page. I have cleared caches and that did not work. I also attempted to deactivate and reinstall but somehow the delete button was not available to me to try.

Hello @Jbrummel,

Thanks for writing to us.

I checked your site dashboard. I went ahead and checked your page it seems that it is working fine at my end. It might be the browser cache issue at your end. I would suggest you clear your browser cache and then check it again. Please have a look at the given screenshot in the secure note.

If the issue still persists please let us know with the exact page URL.

Thanks

Thank you for taking a look. On the staging site, I was able to duplicate and it worked fine. However, on our main site, it still is not working. I do not understand as they should both be duplicate sites.

Hello @Jbrummel,

It seems that your .htaccess file is not writable. I would suggest you give proper permission to this file. The file is located in the root directory on your server. In case if it doesn’t work for you please share your FTP details in the secure note.

Thanks

I will attach a screenshot. I can change the permission. User is already set as write, but no group or world. Do I need to give permission to write to the group and world? or Do I need to change it to execute? I am hesistant to change to “write” for world as I do not want bots to hack out site. But I do not know a lot about php. If you would rather have access to our file manager on our hosting server I can do that. Just let me know how to proceed.

Hello @Jbrummel,

Which page you are trying to edit and have encountered the issue? I went ahead and created a test page. I was able to save all my changes to the page. You can even check the URL added in the secure note below.

Please test you site again.

On the staging site it is working well but for whatever reason on our main site, it is not. We are trying to edit our home page. The spinning happens when we click the Pro menu and Content underneath to edit pages. As for .htaccess. What do I need to change it to?

Hello @Jbrummel,

I checked your site dashboard it seems that it is working fine at my end. It is something unique happening at your end I would suggest you clear your browser cache and then check it again. I would also recommend you purge all the cache from the plugin and then deactivate the plugin.

About the permalink settings on some hosting platforms, the permissions need to be different because the user running the webserver doesn’t have permission to write files. You can try with other values, such as 664, 666 for files, and 775 (even 777 for some hosting platforms). Make sure to consult with your hosting provider about this. We strongly advise against 777 permission settings.

Hope it helps
Thanks

I tried clearing all caches (have done so multiple times even before contacting support). I could not figure out how to cache Pro?

I am so glad you got it working. I have no idea why it is not for me. I am using Chrome. Will try another browser. It is not just my computer that is not working with it but one of our admin’s computers are also not able to edit as well.

I have adjusted setting to 664 and tried some of the other combinations except 777. Still nothing:(

It must be something wrong with Chrome. Just tried it with Safari and it is working fine.

Hello @Jbrummel,

There could be an installed browser extension in your Chrome browser that is causing the issue since it works in other browsers.

Best Regards.

So I tried it on my computer and then also on our admin’s computer and it still did not clear up the issue. I have been able to get it to work using Safari but not the safari on our admins computer. Chrome still does not work for me.

Hello @Jbrummel,

On your main site, please temporarily disable the WP Optimize and any other optimizing plugin. Clear your browser cache and test the site again. If still, this is not working, please provide us access to your main site on a secure note.

Best Regards.

I tried that again. Still is not working. I will attach login info below in a secure note. Thank you

Hello @Jbrummel,

I checked your live site. It seems that there is some issue with cache and CDN that alters the files. I went ahead and checked my local development site and it working for me. I checked your staging server and compare it with your live server and my local server files. It seems that on your live server this file(app.ad0155b.js ) has been modified by CDN or cache.

Complet file path wp-content/themes/pro/cornerstone/assets/dist/js/app.ad0155b.js

I would also recommend disabling the CDN and hosting optimization. I would suggest you contact your hosting provider to purge all the server level cache. I would request you to deactivate and delete the existing Pro and then re-install the updated version by downloading from your Themeco account dashboard.

If that does not help please share your FTP details of the staging server in the secure note for further investigation.

Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.