Cannot edit website using cornerstone

All of the backend of our site is in code and cornerstone is not functioning at all. We made sure that wordpress and all the themes plugins are up to date. All these issues are happening on our dev site; everything on it was taken from the original site. Screenshot 2021-01-22 145808

Hello Damon,

Thanks for writing in! Could you please confirm that you have updated to the latest versions?
Our latest versions are:

• X theme 8.0.11
  • Cornerstone 5.0.11

This latest release contains fixes for several issues so be sure to check out the changelog:

After doing the updates, always remember to clear all caches (if you are using WP Rocket, WP SuperCache or W3 Total Cache) when updating so that the code from the latest release is always in use. This will help you to avoid any potential errors.

To better assist you with your issue, kindly provide us access to your site so that we can check your settings. Please create a secure note with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WP login URL
– WP username
– WP password
– WP Administrator Role
- Confirmation that we can access and make changes to your site

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: How The Forum Works

Please let us know how it goes.

It appears to be working to some degree. The only problem is that the page content is not showing up when I click the edit button. See image.It’s acting as if the page is new.

It also seems to have broken my site. If you go to freshfaceandeye.com you’ll see some of the issues on the hone page.

Gentle reminder for this , please check this asap as we are facing delicated issues in our site.

I can not believe that you haven’t answered yet. This has been the worst experience that I have had with any theme. I had someone hire me and their last designer created this site. It has been broken ever since. I was forced to purchase a lic to get help and I am getting no help.

From what I can tell this is the issue.

• The old pages which were created before and the new pages which I created for testing has different shortcode structure for the page elements.

• From what I checked, the page builder “cornerstone” has different versions from 1 to 5 and as of now, the site has version “5.1.1” active.
    https://theme.co/docs/changelog/cornerstone-5

• It could be that when the theme updated the plugin version from 4 to 5 (which you advised me to do), they also updated the element structure. This is causing issues with the admin side page load since the editor cannot find the shortcode structure as per the latest version, it is taking that page as a simple blank page. But for the frontend, since the plugin still has the old shortcodes files, it is displaying the elements properly.

THIS IS A DISASTER. WHY WOULD A DEVELOPER DO THAT, KNOWING IT WOULD BREAK THE THEME!!!

There must be a fix and I shouldn’t have to wait 3 days for a response.

Hi Damon,

A self reply will push the thread to the bottom of the forum, and that is why you are getting a delayed reply. I have thoroughly checked your site and found that a few pages are using the much older version of shortcodes and built way before Cornerstone page builder launched. Regretfully, in that case, you need to build the pages from scratch.

Thanks for understanding.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.