Cannot edit text since x 5.2.3 update

Hi

I have seen a few others are having issues after the latest x update, and I am also experiencing issues.

The edit box for all text elements is inaccessible.

When I click ‘Click to Edit’ the content editor shows up below the left hand side menu and I am unable to do anything about adding or editing text.

In the image below the long white box (underneath latest news) is the content editor.

I can copy and paste text into it but once in there I can not edit it or do anything else.

I have tried it on multiple posts and pages, cleared my cache and tried different text element options. None of them work.

Can you please let me know if there is a way to fix my issue?

Thanks

Hey there,

Please check for the following first:

  1. Ensure everything is up to date according to our version compatibility list at https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/troubleshooting-version-compatibility/195. Please follow the best practices when updating your theme and plugins. See https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/setup-updating-your-themes-and-plugins/62 for more details.

  2. Clear all caches including browser cache then deactivate your caching plugins and other optimization plugins.

  3. If you’re using a CDN, please clear the CDN’s cache and disable optimization services.

  4. Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

  5. Remove custom CSS, Javascript and templates.

  6. Contact your host to increase your allocated memory or do it yourself by adding this code in your wp-config.php

define( 'WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' );
define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '512M' );

In case the issue persists, please provide us with the admin and FTP details to your site in a Secure Note so that we can check this further.

Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.