Cannot edit footer

When trying to edit footer I get the following message:
“Your theme has 9 widget areas, but this particular page doesn’t display them.
You can navigate to other pages on your site while using the Customizer to view and edit the widgets displayed on those pages.”
When I go to Appearance/Widgets the footer widgets are not editable and say “Widgetized footer area”
Where do I go to edit the footer information.

Hello @ohnodesign,

Thanks for writing to us.

It seems that you are using X theme. In case if you are using the X theme, I would suggest you go to the X—>Theme Option —> Footer —>Check for the number of widgets that you have set for the Foooter.

All the widgets can be found on the Appearances —>Widgets–>Check for the Footer Widgets.

If it doesn’t work for you, I would suggest you troubleshoot with a few of the common issues before we investigate your settings.

1. Testing for Plugin Conflict
  2. CSS/JS Customization
  3. Version Compatibility
  4. Disabling Cache
  5. Child Theme

If none of those work, please send your details in a secure note. Please provide the following details

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin level username and password

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts

Thanks

Added a secure note.

Hi @ohnodesign,

Thank you for providing the credentials. I checked your setup and found the customization in the child theme which is controlling the footer content. To make changes you need to edit the file _nav-footer.php via FTP. You can find this file under the directory framework/legacy/cranium/footers/views/global/ (see screenshots)

An easier approach would be to remove this file (take a backup first) and use the Widget Areas and enable the Content Area and place content from the file (_nav-footer.php) in respective widgets and content area as per your need. This will make the content editable via theme directty and you won’t need to edit the source code every time you need to make a change.

Hope this helps!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.