Cannot Edit Cornerstone

Hello,

For some reason, when I go to a page (for instance the home page) to edit with cornerstone… the page loads and the cornerstone editing panel appears on the left as it should, but one is unable to drag and drop any items into the actual page.

What are your thoughts? Would you be able to troubleshot?

Hi There,

Thank you for writing in, your PHP version (v5.4) and MySQL (v5.5) is lower than what WordPress requires. Please update both to version 5.6 or higher.

Wordpress Requirements

Backup your database first before updating.

Backing Up Your Database

Let us know how it goes,
Cheers!

This has been completed.

It appears this has not changed the issue as of yet. Would you be able to troubleshoot?

Hi There,

I have tried switching to your parent theme and then I was able to load the editor without the error, but it is still hanging. Could you please try increasing your PHP max script execution time to 120 and test this issue again. I see the memory has been increased to 512MB and your PHP is updated to v7.1.4 which is great.

You should be able to increase script execution time by editing PHP.INI file or you can ask your hosting provider to do it for you.

Thanks!

Would you be able to help with why the child theme will not load the cornerstone correctly though?

Thank you for your help!

Hi There,

I see that you have a custom header.php and footer.php file on your child theme, try removing those (but backup it first). If its resolve the issue, then we know that those customizations are the culprit, you need to edit those to adhere to the new version.

Thanks,

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.