Cannot convert x to pro

Hi,
We purchased a Pro Unlimited license and started converting our websites using X. The first conversion worked fine with 0 dollars being asked for the conversion. But now when I try to do the conversion on the rest of our installations it ask for payment. Shouldn’t your system detect the unlimited license in our account so that we can convert the rest of the installations? This is why we bought the unlimited version of Pro. Please help us get this solved.

/Erik

Hi Erik,

Thanks for reaching out.
It is not very clear about the problem you are having. If you want to convert your X theme installation to Pro, just install the Pro theme into the website and activate it, and after that, you can add the URL under the Pro Unlimited in your Themeco Account as Location. After doing that, please add the license to your website for validation.

Hope it helps.
Thanks

What I mean is that in your documentation it says the following: “In order to convert from X to Pro, there are few things to consider. Firstly, you’ll need to convert your license from X to Pro, paying the difference between the price paid and the current price of Pro.”
I cannot convert the license in the admin panel because I get a payment notification in the checkout even though I have an unlimited license. The first license worked for free, but the next got a payment notification…

I am just trying to get by the first step in your documentation on how to Convert from X to Pro.

We just want to be sure that it will be as it says in your documentation: “After the theme installation, you can simply activate the theme and all of your existing Theme Options from X will be transferred over. You can safely delete the X theme from your WordPress themes”.

If we dont convert the license, how will the system know what theme options to transfer?

Hi Erik,

The document explains how you can convert the X into the Pro Single. The Pro Unlimited is a different product, the X can’t be converted into it.

Thanks

Ok, I understand, but nowhere in the documentation is this mentioned. That is why we tried the conversion and as I mentioned before, it worked with the first license.

How are we now going to do to keep the theme options as we managed to do with the first license we converted? The second license I followed the steps in your support answer and the theme options were not transferred over to the Pro license.

Hi Erik,

The Pro theme will work as it is the same as the Pro single license. If you install the Pro as explained in my first reply, you will get the same result.

Thanks

Ok, I will try doing it that way then, thank you for your help!

Hi Erik,

You are most welcome.

Hi,
I have now followed the steps that you gave in your support post and it works except for the CSS not being transferred. On some of the smaller sites we have, it is easy to copy the global css from the extra css field. But on our larger sites where there are individual page specific css inputs on each page, it becomes more problematic. What do you suggest we do to get around this problem?

Also, if I want to test on a staging-site, like staging.example.com, does this license upgrade also affect the root domain, example.com?

Hi Erik,

The page CSS will be there as it is. If you want to test it in your staging site, just add the staging URL in the Staging URL section in your Themeco Account.

Thanks

Ok, so if I upgrade the staging site to Pro it will not affect the main site?

Hey @erikholm,

That is usually the case. Most staging sites web hosts offer are separate from the main site. Please check if this is the case with your web host.

Pro does not have control over WordPress installations or staging sites.

Thanks.

Ok, thank you for your support!

Hi @erikholm,

You are most welcome.

Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.