Cannot change my h1 margin-top in CSS

Hi folks,
I am struggling to understand why my custom CSS is not working and need some help.

I am trying to change the margin-top for h1 to 0px but it doesn’t seem to override the 64px built into the theme.

This is what I am doing:

.h1 {
margin-top: 0px;
}

This is what I am trying to change but nothing happens when I do!

Hi @Woodany,

Thanks for writing in.

As of now, I could not confirm why your CSS is not working well. Please share us your URL so we could check it.

I do not recommend adding !important in your CSS but you could check if it is not working because it is overwritten by other CSS code.

Thanks.

Hi Nico,

URL: http://discoveringthewonder.com

Can you please explain to me why !imprtant is not recommended?

thanks

Oh, my site is not live yet.

Hi There,

Please try adding the following CSS under Customizer > Custom > Global CSS:

.x-text h1,
.x-text h2 {
    margin-top: 0;
}