Cannot apply imported presets

Hi,

This is a bit of a strange one in that I am working on an old Pro site (V 3.2.3) that I am unable to update (either because the PHP version is too low (v 7.0.33) or due to server privileges. When I try to update it causes wordpress to crash. I am working to get the php upgraded but it is currently outside of my control

My current problem is… I have imported presets (sections, rows, headlines etc) from another copy of this site, also on Pro v3.2.3 into the problem site and I can see the presets have imported correctly. But when I try to apply the presets nothing happens when I click the apply button.

are there any file privileges I need to change or do you have any advice on how to fix this please?

Just to add: I have also tried creating presets in the current site and applying them in the same site, and even that fails to do anything when clicking the apply button

Hello Scot,

Thanks for writing to us.

In order to help you with your concern, we need to check your settings. I would request you, please share your details in a secure note. Please provide the following details meanwhile you must troubleshoot a few common issues before we investigate your settings.

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin-level username and password
  • Exact preset template name

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts

Thanks

Hello Scot,

Please check out this video demo to know how you can import the template into your page:

Best Regards.

Thanks for the video, it doesn’t cover the problem described though

I cannot apply the preset for a section, row or column… it does however work for a headline

Hello Scot,

I believe that this could be a conflict between the current WordPress 6.0.3 and the Pro theme 3.2.3 version. The theme is an older version. It needs to be updated to the latest version. I would highly recommend that you create a staging site instead where you can have the latest PHP version or at least PHP 7.4 and be able to update the Pro theme to the version 5.1.5.

Best Regards.

Thank you, I am trying to get their current web host to upgrade the php

Hello Scot,

Please let us know how it goes.

Thanks

Thank you,

I managed to get the client’s hosting to update PHP to 7.4 (well actually they moved the applications to a new server)… but the end result is that on php7.4 I no longer experience a problem and applying presets now works correctly and I was even able to upgrade to the latest version of Pro

Hi Scot,

Glad to know that everything is sorted now. Please let us know if you need any further help with this.

Thanks

Hi,

I have a further problem now with templates… I cannot import them as it gives me the following error message.

Sorry! Your file is not properly formatted.

Any ideas? could it be a file permissions thing?

Just to clarify:

1. I have tried multiple presets downloaded at different times from different websites
  2. the presets import just fine on other websites
  3. the pro theme is up to date with the latest live version
  4. I have even downloaded a template to my computer from the problem website, and it fails to reload to the same website

Hello Scot,

I tried to access your site but it is not working at the moment. As per your screenshot, it seems that there might be an issue with the permalink. I would suggest you please set the Permalink as Post Name.

If it doesn’t work for you please share your admin login credentials so that we can check it on our end.

Thanks

Thank you @prakash_s,

You would not be able to get in as the hosts moved the website to a different server instead of upgrading the php

I had already tried the permalink reset, and the clear style cache

I did finally figure it out, there was no write access to the uploads directories (not my hosting, and they have not impressed me)

Thank you for your time!

You are most welcome Scot.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.