Cannot adjust php for x-child Blog page

I’ve just installed X and trying to work my way around adjusting the php and css of the child theme however I cannot get my changes to reflect on the website.

I’m trying to reformat the layout of a single blog page. I’ve followed a variety of support articles with no luck. I’m probably just being a little stupid and missing something obvious.

Hi There,

You should copy this file from the parent theme to child theme in the same directory:

x/framework/views/{your-stack}/wp-single.php

x-child/framework/views/{your-stack}/wp-single.php

I’m having the same issues.

I’ve followed the instructions to the letter but my changes are not being read by the child theme. When I move the wp-single.php to the main theme, the changes are there…

It’s like it’s not looking at child theme first.

HELP

(test site is here - http://2017.oxyfire.co.uk/)

http://2017.oxyfire.co.uk/general/testing-temapltes/ is a good example. The updated php file should say hello world below the main content box…

Hi @JayRozanski,

Did you activate the child theme yet?

I checked your website and I could see that the child theme isn’t activated.

Regards!

DOH!!!

I have no and it’s working - I’m an idiot -

Thanks guys

Glad we could help. :slight_smile: