Cannot access Site or Admin

I am seeing this error when trying to access my site. I am also not able to access the WP Admin. Any help is appreciated.

Hey @joeknipp,

Thanks for reaching out!

Your problem is similar to this thread, please check it for a possible solution.

If it doesn’t help, please give us the following information in a Secure Note.

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin level username and password
  • FTP Access

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts.

Thank you.

Hey @joeknipp,

I couldn’t access the FTP using the given credentials, please double check and update them with the correct ones.

In the meantime, you could try reinstalling the WordPress files manually. To do that, please follow the steps in the link below.

Hope that helps and let us know how it goes.

I have updated the secure note with correct username

Hey @joeknipp,

The FTP credentials are still not working, please double-check and update them with the correct ones.

Thank you.

Sorry. Updated again. I copied the FTP instructions from my hosting.

Hi @joeknipp,

Unfortunately, the credentials do not work and the FTP can’t be connected. I have also checked your website and the issue shows there, it is not very clear how and when you start getting these issues. If the issues start coming after you update the WordPress, then please follow the link in my colleague’s reply to get insight. I would also suggest you add the debug setup in the wp-config.php file to log the errors into the file name debug.log inside the wp-content folder.

// Enable WP_DEBUG mode
define( 'WP_DEBUG', true );

// Enable Debug logging to the /wp-content/debug.log file
define( 'WP_DEBUG_LOG', true );

// Disable display of errors and warnings 
define( 'WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false );
//SET PHP INI DISPLAY ERROR FALSE
@ini_set( 'display_errors', 0 );

Please find the video that will help you to edit wp-config.php and add the above code: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3SDPTafEM8o
Please let us know if you find any error that is related to our theme or theme bundled plugins. We can do further investigation based on that.

Thanks

Ok - I have updated the note again. These credentials allow me to connect via SFTP. Please note the directory path

Hey @joeknipp,

The given FTP credential is working but has limited permission. Please do our suggestion about manually updating your WordPress core files.

Hope that helps and let us know how it goes.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.