Can the new breadcrumbs element show custom links from the menu?

Hi there,

I’m creating a website and I’d like to use breadcrumbs. I decided to use the new breadcrumbs element but it won’t pick up the custom links from the menu (e.g. “agrarisch werk” is the parent link of “gras” but the breadcrumbs will only show the home icon, the delimiter and “gras”). I know normally you set up a parent page but since “agrarisch werk” won’t be a page, I can’t. Is there another way to display the custom link in the breadcrumbs or am I just missing a functionality?

Thanks in advance!

Best regards,

Delana Arnold

Hi there,

I understand that what you want to do. You added the AGRARISCH WERK as a custom link and then a sub menu item of it is Gras.

But unfortunately the breadcrumbs in WordPress does not follow the Menu Item hierarchy, Breadcrumbs follow the Page and Post Category hierarchy. So bad news is that you can not have that hierarchy unless you use the page parent functionality of the WordPress.

Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.