Can´t install Cornerstone

Hi,

I had a problem a while back when updating the theme, it broke the website and i could not access the backend.
Only today I could follow up the suggestion from the support team, which was:

1. Delete the Cornerstone , if already installed
  2. After the X theme is updated, use the link in the dashboard to automatically install the Cornerstone . It will be at the latest version

Follow the steps , removed cornerston through cpanel and it fixed the access to the backend.
However, i did not have that notification to download Cornerstone plugin.
So, no Cornerstone and the Front-end is all broken.

How do I solve this?

Hello @breix,

Thanks for writing to us.

I checked your site dashboard, it seems that you are using the Pro theme. Please note that if you are using the Pro theme, you don’t have to install the Cornerstone plugin separately since the Cornerstone page builder plugin is inbuilt in the Pro theme.

Now the page is not working it might be the issue of version compatibility issue. Please make sure your PHP version is updated as per our version compatibility page that is 7.4 or 7.4 +.

You may also check this article on WordPress

I would suggest you contact your hosting provider to upgrade the PHP version to 7.4. At the moment your PHP version is 5.6.30.

Hope it helps
Thanks

Hi @prakash_s

Thank you for your reply.
Yes, I do have Pro, but how could I delete cornerstone through cpanel?

PHP updated to 7.4 but still the same problem.

What am I missing?

Hi @breix,

It might be an improper installation of the Pro, I would suggest you deactivate and delete the Pro and re-install the version by downloading from your Themeco account and check if that resolves your issue.

Thanks

Hi @tristup

That solved the problem. Even though it´s a long process that should be avoidable by themeco.

Now, let me do the same on my other websites and hope for the best.

Thank you

Hello @breix,

Gald to know that things are well for you. Please feel free to open a new thread if you any more query regarding our theme and theme settings

Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.