Can see front-end edit only if I'm logged in to WordPress

Hello. I have made an edit to one of my galleries in WordPress. When I view the front-end of this page, I can see the edit. But when I log out of WordPress, I can no longer see the edit. Also, if I open an incognito browser and navigate to the page, I cannot see the edit. How can I resolve this?

The page in-question is: http://www.tidessamui.com/on-the-beach/, and the edit is to the photo gallery in the footer. I have attached two screenshots showing the difference in the two front-end displays.

Thanks.

Hi There,

It could be the caching issue.

Could you please try to disable all the cache plugins?

If it doesn’t help, please provide us with login credentials(by clicking on the Secure Note button at the bottom) so we can take a closer look? To do this, you can make a post with the following info:

  • Link to your site
  • WordPress Admin username / password

Thanks.

Hello. Thanks for the reply. Here is an update. A few hours after submitting my ticket, the issue magically resolved itself. This is consistent with a caching issue I think, and indeed my site has the W3 Total Cache plugin installed.

Now, to identify and alleviate this issue in the future, what can I do? I’ve never worked with a caching plugin, so I’m not sure how they work. From what I understand, every time I make a back-end change I should clear the cache via the plugin? Does that sound right? I want to ensure that when I make a change in the WordPress back-end, that all visitors, including myself, will be able to see it immediately.

Thanks.

By the way, I see your name is @thai–are you Thai?

Hey There,

You can flush the cache manually each time you do a major change or alternatively turn off the caching while doing changes to make sure that you are not running into any caching issues.

Thanks for that. But how exactly do I do either of those?

Hi,

Kindly refer to the link below.

Hope that helps

OK thank. We can consider this resolved.

Hi @cagross,

Happy to hear that.

Feel free to ask us again.

Thanks. :smiley:

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.