Can Not Link To External Website

Hi Guys,

I hope someone can help me as I am close to going out of my mind.

I am trying to link to my external social media websites from a link. I have tried every which way, from social icon to raw text.

Here is an example of my raw code:

<a href="www.instagram.com/fourcornersrecruitment" target="_blank">[x_icon type="instagram" style="font-size : 20px; padding: 10px"]</a>

For some reason, when I click on the live link, it is adding my domain to the front of the link so it looks like this…

www.fourcornersrecruitment.com.au/instagram.com/fourcornersrecruitment

…and as such, I can not link to any external websites.

I have tried everything and googled it to death.

Can anyone suggest what stupid thing I am doing and how I sort this out?

Thanks
James
www.fourcornersrecruitment.com.au

Hi there,

You need to add the http:// at the beginning of the URL to make sure it will go to the external site. So the code should be:

<a href="https://www.instagram.com/fourcornersrecruitment" target="_blank">[x_icon type="instagram" style="font-size : 20px; padding: 10px"]</a>

Thank you.

Thank You. Thank You. Thank You. Thank You!
That has been driving me mad for days, it now works!!!
:hugs:

On behalf of my colleague, you’re welcome. Cheers! :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.