Can not install Cornerstone on my site

I have installed X correctly and each time I try to upload Cornerstone it does not work.
I am not using a FTP, just my local hard drive; but I get “Unable to install Cornerstone. Destination folder already exists. /var/www/wp-content/plugins/cornerstone/” every single time. I have uninstalled, reinstalled, and removed the cornerstone file from the folder a few times as well. Nothing is working. I have the option to install from the Bulk Plugin option, as well but it just does not work. I would really appreciate a detailed description on how to fix this. Thanks :slight_smile:

Hi Micah,

Thanks for reaching out.

That only means the folder deletion fails and the folder is still there. For that, I recommend using FTP and delete it. You can also manually install cornerstone through FTP to forcefully replace that folder your uploaded cornerstone files.

Else, please provide your site’s URL and admin login credentials in the secure note so I could test.

Thanks!

Hi, @rad, I have attached a secure note with my log in information. Hope this helps!
(If wordpress has issues with log in, the hosting is through Go Daddy)

Hello Micah,

I have logged in to your GoDaddy account. You are using a Managed WordPress account which has no access to the plugin files. I was able to resolve your issue by deleting the cornerstone folder in the plugins directory with the help of WP File Manager plugin.

Anyways, Cornerstone is now installed. Please check your site and enjoy building pages with Cornerstone.

Thank you so much @ruenel for helping me with this! I greatly appreciate you guy’s swift and helpful response team.

You’re welcome. Glad we’re able to help.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.