Can I save sample menu styling as a template or partial and apply to my menu?

Hello,

I am new to V2 elements and still getting a feel for what I can do.
I would like to ask whether it is possible to save the Sample (no dropdowns) menu as a template or partial where I can use its styling and apply them to my main menu in my site?

The reason I would like to do this is to reduce the work to restyle my menu.

See screenshot of the styling of the Sample (no dropdowns)
https://www.sugarsync.com/pf/D6922769_08201020_770500

See screenshot of the styling of the default of my menu.
https://www.sugarsync.com/pf/D6922769_08201020_770547

Any help would be great.

Best regards,
Ben

Hi Ben,

You can save the element setting as a preset so that you can apply the preset to other elements:

Hope this helps.

Thanks @Jade

I appreciate your response.

I have saved the present and applied it to the Navigation Inline element so that seems to have worked but, see the second image from my post above.
However the icons that each page gets, by default is a ‘hand’ icon which is odd but what is confusing here is that each icon didn’t get the particle animation/movement of the Sample (No Dropdowns) Menu, the one I saved as a preset. So two parts I don’t get:

1. The element didn’t seem to have applied the particle as expected
  2. How can I change the ‘hand’ icons for each of these? I can’t see anywhere to do this.

Best regards,
Ben

Hello Benjamin,

Thanks for updating in!

Please be advised that when using a preset, only the styling of the menu or element will be saved. Submenus and menu item icons are note part of the preset. It is related to the menu which you can manage it in Appearance > Menus.

1.) Please go to Appearance > Menus and manage your menu. You can add submenus or add/remove menu items.

2.) This is also the place where you can change the icons for each menu items. By default, it is set to hand icon.

We would love to know if this has worked for you. Thank you.

Thank you @RueNel for your response.

I was able to change the icon as you pointed out. Thank you.

I only have one issue now which is the semi-transparent background square around the Home button/icon It is permanently active ie; it does not go away after moving the cursor away. (it doesn’t get removed like the other buttons do) See home page for an illustration. What property element would I need to look for to alter it?

https://www.jonaviray.com/

Best regards,
Ben

UPDATE

I was able to find the Active Links Setup and turned Current Link to off which fixed the issue for me. Thank you once again for this brilliant support.

Best regards,
Ben

Hi Ben,

So is everything already sorted on your end? And you’re most welcome!

PS. I’m a big fan of Jona. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you @Jade

Yes, all sorted. Yes. she is one of my favourite singers. :slight_smile: I hope she will like it

Best regards,
Ben

You’re welcome Ben!
We really appreciate for letting us know that all is sorted out.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.