Can I copy all styling from a Pro edited button and apply it to a button not created with Pro?

A bit of a strange question, so I will try to explain:

I have created a uniform style that I have used on a client website for all button elements created in Pro editor. I can then apply this to any button element using a preset.

However, my client uses a third party system to take bookings via a piece of software. The software developers have provided me with some code to add the booking button to our website - by default they have a stylesheet on their website that the button looks at to get its styling.

What I would like to do is copy all of the CSS stying from my Pro created button and then add that to a class, so that I can then apply that class to the custom button provided by the third party software.

What would be the best way to achieve this?

Thank you for your help.

Hey @littleshock,

You need to use the browser’s element inspector to copy an element’s style. If you’re new to using the browser’s element inspector, you can learn from this article https://zapier.com/blog/inspect-element-tutorial/

Please note that this is a 3rd party code integration query and we do not provide support nor instructions for 3rd party integrations so you must know CSS and how to copy it outside of Pro’s system. This is beyond the functionality of Pro.

Hope that helps.

Hi Christian,

Thanks for the info. I do know how to access the CSS, but there is no single class generated that has all the styling for a custom button that I can see. It looks like it takes its styling from various different places.

I suppose my more direct question is:

Does creating a preset for a button, or any other element in Pro, create a unique class just for that one element? if so, then I would just need to find that class and assign it to my “non pro button”.

Thanks.

Mark

Hi Mark,

Unfortunately, there is no single class is there which holds the complete style of the button. The style for the Pro button is actually applied to the ID that is dynamically generated and assigned to that specific element. I would like to suggest you follow the same way suggested by my colleague.

Thanks

Hello Tristup,

Thank you for the quick reply. I will grab the CSS and create a custom class myself.

Many thanks.

Mark

Hi Mark,

You are most welcome.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.