Calling vendor API/web service

Not really sure where this request should be posted, but would really appreciate some help.

I am using the the most recent X-Pro to build a new site and have been using X/X-Pro for a while. I have a broad development background (C++/Java/Scripting/etc.), but PHP/curl and WP are new skills for me.

What I need to do is incorporate a self service portal using one of my vendors API’s. The idea is pretty general in that the user would come to the page, some controls are per-populated (using the API) and after some user entry the post would be made to the vendor web service and the results displayed to the user. Now this is all fairly common, but I have never attempted to do this using WP or the X theme. I am not really asking for development help, just some direction and any examples I could use to support this work and learning exercise.

If there are plug-ins that support this kind of work, GREAT! but I am expecting this is all custom and looking for anything that could kick-start this project.

Thanks vary much.

Hello @eknudhol,

Thanks for writing in! :slight_smile:

Yes this is possible with customization and few plugins. These resources might help you get started.

For layouts/views:



For updating Wordpress core functions:

https://codex.wordpress.org/Plugin_API/Hooks

For updating X core functions:
https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/customizations-actions-and-filters-in-x/208

Adding PHP for your API calls in Cornerstone is easy. You can use PHP Code Widget plugin and use the Widget Area element in Cornerstone. You can also paste shortcodes with Raw Element element.

Hope we have provided you the direction you need. Let us know if you have further question.

Thank you.

Fantastic!

Thanks for all the guidance - I will check this out and see where it leads me.

You are most welcome!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.