(call to undefined function) Fatal Error when activating pro-child theme

I am currently trying to upgrade my website from X to X-pro and whenever I activate the pro-child I get a fatal error. This goes for both the officially released pro-child and the pro-child I made when the official one resulted in the error.

The conditions function is not defined in the Pro theme master that I am building the child from. (I also tried redownloading and installing a new Pro master in to Cpanel).

The attached pictures show both the wp error log, as well as the lines where the fatal error is occurring. This particular error log is from when I used the child I made, but the error is the exact same as when I used the officially released child.

I am running the most recent version of wp and using the most recent release of the pro theme.

Any help or advice would be most welcome.

Hello Rosemary,

Thanks for writing in! I have checked my local install and I could not find the x_module_conditions() functions. You may have been installing an older version. Please use Pro 5.1.5 version instead. If that does not work, please re install the Pro theme. Go to the Appearance > Themes and deactivate the Pro theme. Delete it completely and then re install the Pro theme again. If this again fails, we would love to check your site. You can create a secure note in your next reply with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WP login URL
– WP username
– WP password
– WP Administrator Role
– Confirmation that we can access and make changes to your site

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: How The Forum Works

Kindly let us know how it goes.

Your information helped a lot, I was overthinking a fairly simple problem apparently, I just needed to install the newest version via wp-admin before building the child. Thank you!

You are most welcome, Rosemary!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.