Calendly Modal Not Working When Logged Out

Hello,

I have added some javascript to integrate a Calendly modal on my site. It works fine when I’m logged in as Admin but when I view the site without a login there’s an error with the Javascript code that stops it from working.

This is what it looks like when not logged in:

Sorry, I’m not very sharp on javascript. Could you help me work out where I’m going wrong?

Thanks!

Josh

Hello There,

Thank you for providing the information. I have logged in and checked the page. It seems that Rocket script is causing the issue.

It turns out that you are using CloudFlare. Please login to CloudFlare and purge everything. It is recommended that you follow the CloudFlare settings from this tip:
https://xthemetips.com/using-cloudflare-rocket-loader-with-x-pro-and-x5/928/

Hope this helps. Please let us know how it goes.

Hi, thanks very much for the pointer and I’ve now configured Cloudflare as recommended. On a side note, is there a simple method that you can recommend for minifying CSS & Javascript files? I’m getting slaughtered in download ratings due to too many requests.

Unfortunately, however, the script issue still remains. You can check here: https://joshjost.com/sandbox/

When you click the link, rather than opening the modal it just refreshes the page. Coincidentally, this issue existed prior to implementing the CDN so I’m certain it’s not related to Coudflare.

Thanks,

josh

Sorry but I could not recommend a single method for minifying resources because this depends on your setup. You might want to try out https://wpspeedguru.com/ for your optimization needs.

Regarding Calendly, regretfully, we cannot provide support for third party plugins or scripts due to the fact that there is simply no way to account for all of the potential variables at play when using another developer’s plugin or script. Because of this, any questions you have regarding setup, integration, or troubleshooting any piece of functionality that is not native to X will need to be directed to the original developer.

Thank you for your understanding.

Man, that’s disappointing I was hoping you could have a look for something obvious.

Also, another issue has crept up which I don’t think relates to a third party script. The main menu has stopped it’s fixed position (i.e. it doesn’t remain visible as you scroll). It still works in Safari but not in Chrome and Firefox. I’ve tried disabling the caching plugin but it doesn’t make a difference.

Could you please have a look?

Thanks

Hi there,

Could you try disabling your CF and RocketLoader first, just to make sure it’s not working or working before the optimization? Pro’s asset files are already minified so no need for minification, and unfortunately, there is no way to selectively minify or not minify assets in CloudFlare. What I can suggest is disable minification in CF, and use a plugin to minify your site’s scripts and CSS while excluding Pro’s CSS and Javascript files.

Thanks!

Thanks. Any suggestions on the issue with the menu not sticking?

Hi there,

It’s not sticking because the javascript responsible for switching header bar class is not triggered upon scroll. I’m not sure why is that, but I recommend turning off caches first before we continue. I can still see rocket loader there.

Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.