Caching Issues Still

Greetings. I have sent support tickets before on my caching issue but am still having
problems. I reached out to the X Facebook page with the following and will include a few replies as well.

My post read as follows:
CACHING ISSUE: I have a caching issue with my X site…here are my symptoms:

-I make changes in X then view through the dashboard toolbar on lower left side and the new changes are updated just fine.

-Live changes however do not happen quite as fast. It seems the changes have been slower
and slower to be correctly updated over the past two years. I am now at the point the changes barely
happen even after a week.

I host with Themeco and they say the fact I see the changes automatically through the dashboard toolbar indicates it is not them. (they are great as always)

-I have cleared the cache in the X theme and browsers.
-Even someone seeing the site for the first time ever has the old information.

Can anyone give me some insight to fix this long overdue issue. Thank you all so very much.

Here are a few replies:
–In my experience this is Themeco’s aggressive caching

–Their cache is very aggressive. It allows for massive scaling and traffic.
Themeco was the only host I couldn’t crash with my load testing I did last year for the xthemetips article.

Downside is that purging that cache didn’t always seem to work. Rubin Themeco was working on that back then, but I havent had the chance to use themeco hosting in quite some time so he may have a more accurate answer for you

–CDN? Change hosts. Easy fix


Would you be good enough to elaborate on this and try to help me fix this issue. I have been working on updating my site but many of the changes are still hung up somewhere.
Thank you so very much.

Hi there,

Thanks for writing in.

Just like other cache features and plugins, purging and flushing the cache will not take effect instantly. It’s always the case based on my personal experience as I worked on some projects before and it happens regardless of hosting. The only solution is to disable the cache feature or plugin during development so it won’t hinder any development changes. But, you can’t disable that with our hosting, the workaround is to develop your site in preview URL in which provided in your hosting panel along with the live URL. Once you’re done developing a preview URL, you may need to update the URLs by installing Better Search Replace plugin or Velvet Blue to replace all instances of preview URL back to live URL. Then flush the cache once search and replace is done, and of course, clear the browser caches too :slight_smile:

Thanks!

Thank you. You mention purging and flushing cache takes time. I agree but I am now at over a week and not changes. Is there perhaps some information such as a checklist you can send me to ensure I am not overlooking something that I am not aware of.
I am not a developer. It just seems having to install something like your suggested Better Search Replace or Velvet Blue is counterintuitive… why would your hosted process not work as it should ? These are plugins you would not support so I am hesitant to go down that road.
Thank you so very much. I hope we can find the core issue instead of patching.

Hi there,

Sorry for the confusion, what I’m saying is purging and flushing cache may take time regardless of hosting or plugin based on my experience. I’m not saying our hosting isn’t working, it could happen anywhere. And it should work on your site as other sites hosted by us is working pretty well. Maybe it’s not just cache issue on your site, there could be javascript error preventing it from saving.

You may submit a hosting ticket from your hosting panel area including the details of the site that has this issue. And information which changes should we expect to see and what’s just displaying.

Thanks!

Hi Rad,
That is awesome thank you very much. By no means was I saying anything poor
regarding Themeco…just the opposite is the case you folks are great. I will submit a
ticket on my hosting panel. Thanks again.

No worries, Tom.

You’re welcome.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.