Buttons turned red with update

Please help. I just updated cornerstone and all of the buttons turned red. I already pressed the button Clear Style Cache

What should I do?

This is how our buttons looked before:

I restored the site to the latest version but here is what the buttons turned into.

Also, I wasn’t able to save any changes after making the update. I kept getting this message.

Screen Shot 2021-09-22 at 1.40.23 PM

Hello Ashley,

Thanks for writing in!

Just for future topics, self responding or bumping your post pushes it back in our Queue system so it takes longer to respond to. We provide support to our customers 24/7/365 in the Support Forum. Support questions are answered in the order received and responses may take up to 24 hours (typically sooner). Complex questions or busy times may take longer.

When updating the Cornerstone plugin, please also make sure that the X theme is up to date. Could you please update to the latest versions?
Our latest versions are:

• X theme 9.0.8
  • Cornerstone 6.0.8
  • WordPress 5.8
  • PHP 7.4

This latest release contains fixes for several issues so be sure to check out the changelog:

After doing the updates, always remember to clear all caches (if you are using WP Rocket, WP SuperCache or W3 Total Cache) when updating so that the code from the latest release is always in use. This will help you to avoid any potential errors.

Please let us know how it goes.

Hi! Thank you for telling me about the queue! I have updated the theme, cornerstone, and Wordpress and we were on version 7.4 or PHP.

The buttons did not turn red this time, so that issue is fixed. However, I am still getting the error message “Uh oh! Failed to save.”

Hi Ashley,

I have checked your website listed in your Themeco Account and the issue might be due to the improper update of the Cornerstone plugin. I would also suggest you follow the below steps while updating to the latest version of the Cornerstone.

1. Delete the Cornerstone existing one
  2. After deletion please use the link in the dashboard to automatically install the Cornerstone.

Please clear all type cache including the Style Cache from Cornerstone > Settings > System > Clear Style Cache and check in the incognito/private mode of the browser.
If that does not resolve your issue, there might be some different reasons behind your issue. I would like to suggest troubleshoot the following common issue to help us to recognize the reason.

1.Theme Related Issue
2.Plugin Conflict
3.Theme Update related issue
4.Child Theme Related issue
5.CSS/JS Customization
6.Disabling Cache
7.Disabling CDN

If none of the above helps, please provide login credentials for your site in a secure note to examine it further, including:

– WordPress Site URL & Login URL
– WordPress Admin username/password

To create a secure note, click the key icon underneath any of your posts.

Thanks

Yay! It’s working and I am able to save things now. Thank you!

Another issue has arouse. The header is moving from its place and getting stuck in the upper part of the hero image sometimes when you scroll down. How can I fix this?

Hello Ashley,

I checked your site it seems that the menu is working fine at my end. It might be the browser cache issue at your end. I would suggest you please clear your browser cache and then check it again.

Thanks

Yay thank you so much for your help. I think that fixed it too.

You are most welcome. We’re just glad we were able to help you out.
If there is anything else we can help you with, please do not hesitate to open another thread.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.