Buttons not working after recent update from 3.2.3 to 5.1.4

Hi there,
On my site, catexpeditions.com, I have tour booking forms that brings up a modal when a button is pressed, as seen on this page - https://catexpeditions.com/all-cat-photography-tours/big-cats-of-africa-photography-tour/, and clicking on Book This Tour. When I applied all of the updates recently to Pro, the buttons stopped triggering the modal to pop-up. I reverted the site back to a backup, and now have it on a staging environment for testing.

That can be found here - https://catexstaging.wpengine.com/all-cat-photography-tours/big-cats-of-africa-photography-tour/.

I’d like to get this sorted out, but I can’t figure out how. I also can’t find what Javascript is triggering the modal to trigger in the first place. I had your team create this as an Elite task, but all I see in the button link URL: javascript:void(0) but there is no JS that I can find on the page.

Can you please help me troubleshoot what is causing this to break when I update the theme, and where can I update the form that is being called when I click on that? I am in the process of rebuilding the form, and will need to change the form id.

Thanks for the help!

Regards,
Marcus

Hi Marcus,

Thanks for reaching out!

Would you mind sharing with us the staging credentials so that we can check the setup properly? To do that, please give us the following information in a Secure Note.

• Staging WordPress Login URL
  • Staging admin level username and password

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts.

Cheers!

Updated, thank you!

Also, I found the JS in the Header “Global Relative”, but I have no idea how it is being triggered, nor how to change the form that is being triggered. Thanks for the help!

Hi Marcus,

I have checked your website but the issue is not visible as it has been reverted to the older version of Pro. I would suggest please copy your live site to a staging server and update the Pro into it.
And give us access in the secure note including:

– WordPress Site URL & Login URL
– WordPress Admin username/password

To create a secure note, click the key icon underneath any of your posts.

Thanks

Hi Tristup,
As noted in the first message, I have copied the site to my staging server, https://catexstaging.wpengine.com/all-cat-photography-tours/big-cats-of-africa-photography-tour/, and the username and password provided are also valid on the staging server.

Thank you for the help.

Hello @powrider686,

I have inspected your site and I found that there is a JS error on the page. I am seeing this error:

Uncaught ReferenceError: jQuery is not defined
    at jquery.inputmask.bundle.js:1554

This could have come from a plugin conflict, amongst other things. Please check out this troubleshooting article here and follow the instructions for the following sections (where appropriate):

Kindly let us know how it goes.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.