Built new page, not showing and no access with Cornerstone

Hi there,
please help! Yesterday I changed something in my menu and a permalink. After that one page didn’t open any more and I couldn’t edit it in Cornerstone. So I thought that by accident I had hit it with the Wordpress Editor. And rebuilt the page completely …
New page was ready just now, all fine, so I added it to the menu and published it.
And then: the same thing accured.

  1. Some default page will show.
  2. And it is impossible to get back to the page in Cornerstone, CS won’t open it. The page is gone the second time (and I’m going crazy soon).
    I cleaned cache and cookies, changed browsers, no change.

PLEASE can anybody give me a helping hand…?
Regards, Karen
EDIT: I just switched it back to draft. Then I can open it with Cornerstone. As soon as published: nothing works any more.

Hello There,

Thanks for writing in! I have checked your site and created a test page so that I can replicate the issue you are experiencing. You can check it here: https://www.hartig-coacht.de/an-x-test/. You can even edit it back in Cornerstone.

Could you please provide a little detail which page you are trying to edit? Please keep in mind that you can only edit a page in Cornerstone if that page is created with Cornerstone. You are not supposed to switched between editor or it may corrupt Cornerstone data. One more thing, when a page is assigned as your Posts Page cannot be edited in Cornerstone. A page using the Layout - Portfolio page template will not be able to edit in Cornerstone either.

Please let us know how it goes.

Good Morning :slight_smile:
thank you! I’m glad that you created a test page as it actually replicates part of the problem: it opens mainly in my blog page template (my blog page is the only one with a side bar), not as a classical static page.
The page in question is the page “Coaching”. https://www.hartig-coacht.de/coaching/
I would never touch a page built in Cornerstone with editor. That’s the reason why I built the page in question from the scratch: to be really sure that everything is “clean” and no mistake in that question occured.
As I wrote a first version the page existed all the time, it was in menu and no problem whatsoever, but suddenly it blew, which means: the problem described (page suddenly opens in blog layout and has “nothing to show”) occured for the first time.

But what happens with the newly built page is the same: As a draft everything looks fine. I can edit the page in Cornerstone. All good.
As soon as published: It open in my blog page default (including the custom blog image) and says “Nothing to show right now”. And I can’t edit in Cornerstone when published. (As if it were set as blog page, but it isn’t!

I’ve checked about everything three times and can’t find the mistake :worried:
I’d appreciate any help that will make that page visible again…

Thanks for your support and regards
Karen

The issue sounds like there’s a problem with your permalinks. Please try resetting your permalinks by simply clicking the Apply Changes button.

This issue could have been caused by your security plugins. Please clear all caches again and deactivate your security plugins then reset your htaccess. See https://www.tipsandtricks-hq.com/how-to-reset-the-htaccess-file-of-your-wordpress-site-using-ftp-8527 to learn how to reset your htaccess.

Please also try testing for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

If all doesn’t help, please keep all third party plugins deactivate and remove customizations (if applicable) while we investigate.

Thanks.

Hi Christian,
thank you very much. I started with the easiest thing (disabling all third party plugins), that didn’t help.
Now I’m wondering where to find this button: “Please try resetting your permalinks by simply clicking the Apply Changes button.”
My WP is not in english, which button do you mean, please? I can only find “update” in the sidebar right side.
Hoping to find the “miracle button” :-), Karen

Sorry for the lack of details. Please see the screenshots.

Hi Christian,
thanks for more details. Unfortunately that didn’t work either - but in fact the issue is solved :smiley: A friend of mine had Sherlock Holmes eyes, he discovered that the page in question had the same title like one of my blog categories. This little doubling was reason enough for WP to produce that big problem… Simply renaming the blog category made the error go away completely.
Thank you so much for helping, I learned another tricky lesson and am very glad that my page is back to work :smiley:
Regards, Karen

Glad it’s sorted out, Karen. :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.