Built a Multi-Language Site. Any experiences?

Hi There,

i’ve built a website and i want to implement 4 Languages (en | ge | fr | nl).
Now I’m looking for a free PlugIn which can help me do this.

I need a PlugIn, where I can put my own translations in. I don’t want it to be a automatic translation.
I considered “Q-translate” but it’s not longer supported or updated.

Has someone already made some experiences with other free PlugIns or can recommend another?

Thanks for your help!

I’ve used WPGlobus before and it worked fine https://wordpress.org/plugins/wpglobus/

I like the way you can edit each of the languages on separate tabs of the same post and the way you can just link to the URLs and have it switch to a new language. It only seemed to cause issues sometimes when using certain fields from the Advanced Custom Fields plugin but I found ways around those too.

There is also Q-translate-X but it hasn’t been updated for awhile either. It may still work ok though. https://wordpress.org/plugins/qtranslate-x/

Polylang is quite popular as well but wouldn’t translate certain things I had to without paying for it. It didn’t work for me how I wanted and I didn’t like how it had separate posts for each one, although I may not even know what I’m talking about since I only briefly tested it. https://wordpress.org/plugins/polylang/

1 Like

Hi there,

thank you really much for your suggestions!

I’m going to have a look into the WPGLobus PlugIn

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.