BUG: Weird interaction with looper in slider

Hi,
I’ve created a slider leveraging the power of the looper.
I just get the gallery image from the meta data and loop through them to show a carousel like slider.
It’s all working well on desktop on small mobile devices.

480px to 980px wide devices display the wrong image when clicking on the navigation and some can’t be clicked at all.
Here is a small video showcasing the issue: https://www.loom.com/share/2ce1d5bd2eaa440c82c83b34fe890457

I’m using the latest WP and Pro theme, no other plugins except the one providing the image.
I’m sharing the login information with you, feel free to make any test/changes since it’s a staging site.

Can you figure out what’s wrong with it?

Hello Catalin,

Thanks for writing in! You were missing a custom attribute data-x-slide-goto in the slider thumbnail.

It should point to the correct slider number so that the respective slide will display when you click on the thumbnail.

Best Regards.

Hi,
Yes, that fixed the issue.
However now I have a weird interaction iPhone/Safari.
On portrait I can’t click on the images anymore in order to navigate.
And on landscape there’s a double click like event which make is jump to another image, not the one I clicked on.
See the attached video. Are you able to replicate and propose a solution?

Did you get the chance to look into this?

Hey Catalin,

Please update to the latest version of the Pro theme 6.5 version. After the updates, you may need to clear all your caches.

Kindly let us know how it goes.

I’ve updated Pro to the latest version but on iOS Safari the thumbs still show up greyed-out/disabled when the page loads. If I rotate the screen on landscape the issue goes away. Rotating back to portrait shows the thumbs as they should, even allowing swipe actions.

But on the page load the thumbs are disabled and I can’t figure out why. on iOS Safari only. Android seems to work just fine.

Sorry we can’t figure out why your slider would do that. It doesn’t seem to happen when I bring your component into my site. We have a template called “Slider Thumbnail Gallery” that you can try out which looks very similar. Have a great day.

Hi,
I added your slider on a brand new wp site and it has the exact same issue.
On mobile landscape it tries to show two images at a time. It’s even more obvious what’s happening with your slider design.
I’ve tried adding data-x-slide-goto to both thumb gallery as well as the hero image but without success.
Since your slider template has the same issue, can you please see what can be done to fix it?
I have no issue using your template since it does the same thing as what I’m trying to achieve.

Hi Catalin,

I have checked it in my local environment and found the same problem on the smaller screen. I will check with Charlie on this and let you know.

Thanks

1 Like

Please let me know if there’s any progress on this.
Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.