[BUG?][The Grid] Changing links on one Grid changes the links on a cloned version of that Grid

Hi,

I’ll try and keep it simple.

I created a grid (Grid 1) that has icons that link to other pages for example - Maths North, English North, Art North etc etc

I cloned that grid.

On the cloned grid (Grid 2) I have some icons that also link to other pages for example - Maths South, English South, Art South etc etc

I’ve noticed that when I change a link on Grid 1, it will also change the link on Grid 2.

Is it because Grid 2 is cloned rather than started fresh and if so, what’s the point of cloning in the first place?

Thanks

Hey @King,

I’m sorry but can you give us more information so we could replicate the setup. What is your source? How did you setup the links? The issue sounds like both grids are using the same source. Please also give us WP Admin access so we could see your actual setup if needed.

Thanks.

Hi

I set up the links in the preview area of the grid.

I’ve added a secure note to this comment with WP Admin details.

Thank you

Hi there,

Hmm, why does your grid have the same name and shortcode? That shouldn’t be possible, as said in the name field * The grid name must be unique in order to prevent any conflict.. Hence, you must delete the other one and clone it again, I tried cloning it and it creates a different name which is the correct one.

Thanks!

It doesn’t?

One is called “Curriculum Grid North” with the short code being [the_grid name=“Curriculum Grid North”].

The other is called “Curriculum Grid South” with the short code being [the_grid name=“Curriculum Grid South”]

Regards

Hey @King,

As expected, they are using the same source. The Custom Link feature is attached to the image and not the grid. The solution to this would be to use a different set of images.

Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.