BUG: Main Header Nav Displays as Hamburger on LG/XL Viewports

Hi team,
Just updated a site to Pro 5.0.4 and CS 6.0.4 and there is now a bug on the main menu nav display. I am using the Theme Options header builder with a simple display of links, and on the Desktop Preview window it displays a hamburger immediately after the site title.

In a private browser with a Desktop/Laptop sized viewport, the menu displays properly.

As this is a client’s site, I will be reverting back to a more stable build, however would like to know when this is fixed.

Hello @kjroelke,

Thanks for writing to us.

I have tested the latest version of the Pro theme on my local test site and it is working fine at my end. It might be the issue of cache or plugin conflict. It is always a good practice to purge all the cache whenever you update the theme, plugin, and WordPress core so that the latest code renders properly.

It would be best if you could copying your live website to your staging area. then update the theme. In case if you have not seen our doc please have a look at the doc to learn more about how to update the theme.

I would suggest you troubleshoot with a few of the common issues.

1. Testing For Theme Related Issue
  2. Testing For Plugin Conflict
  3. Theme Update
  4. Child Theme
  5. Css/Js Customization
  6. Increasing Php Memory Limit
  7. Disabling Cache
  8. Disabling Cdn
  9. Permalinks
  10. Version Compatibility

If none of those work for you please send the details of your staging server in a secure note so that we can investigate your setting without breaking your live site. Please provide the following details

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin level username and password
  • FTP Details

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts

Thanks

I cleared the cache and also deactivated the caching plugin and that didn’t help.

Also had some weird preview issues with the new breakpoint-preview feature (forced scrolling to the smallest size on viewport change).

Like I said, since this is a client website I’ve just reverted back to Pro 4.3.3 until the next update is rolled out.

I’ll do some further testing on my other sites to see if the problem persists. Also, I’m using Safari as my dev browser.

Hello There,

We would highly recommend that you create a staging site. This is very useful because you can test drive any Pro theme updates in the staging area, do the customizations and troubleshooting without disrupting your live site. Once everything is perfect, you can easily and flawlessly proceed with the update on the live site. To know how to create a staging area, please check out these articles:

By the way, please also check your site using Chrome, Safari, and Firefox so that you can compare the result. There are cases that an issue tends to appear on a specific browser.

Kindly let us know how it goes.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.