Buddypress conflict

Hi, I’m trying to use buddyboss and there seems to be a conflict with Pro’s buddypress legacy usage, could you help me determine how to remove the source of the conflict?

per buddyboss support :

“If you have bbpress platform activated it will cause a conflict with the BuddyBoss Platform. Make sure to only have BuddyBoss Platform and no other platform plugin active. You will need to contact the developer of the theme you are using since they are a third-party product.” I’m not currently using any other buddy press tools but I see there are buddypress files

thank you in advance for your support

Hi @BelievePursue,

Thanks for reaching out.
I have discussed this with my senior colleague Rad and he suggested trying by adding the following code, in functions.php

function theme_support_override () 
{
    add_theme_support('buddypress-use-legacy');
}
add_action( 'after_setup_theme', 'theme_support_override', 99999999999999 );

Please remember that the above code will work if copied as it is and doesn’t conflict with any existing style.
Please note that the code provided serves only as a guide to help you get started custom coding on your own if there’s no option offered in our theme or the products we bundle.
We really do not provide support for custom codes which means we can’t fix it in case it conflicts with something on your site nor will we enhance it. Further customization should be directed to a third-party developer or you can avail of One, where we answer the questions beyond normal theme support.

Thanks

@tristup
Thank you, I believe the intended location for this is the child theme’s functions.php?

Hello @BelievePursue,

If you are not using a child theme yet, please get it here:

Once you have it installed, you can go to Appearance > Theme File Editor > {functions.php} file and then insert the PHP code above.

The code above serves as an example code. Feel free to modify it when needed. Please note that custom coding is beyond the scope of our support. You will have to maintain any custom coding to make sure that it will still work after any updates or does not create any issues or incompatibility in the future.

Best Regards.

Hi, I am using the child theme. I’ve opened a note as well

Hello @BelievePursue,

To better assist you with your issue, please provide us access to the site or your staging site. You can create a secure note in your next reply with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WP login URL
– WP username
– WP password
– WP Administrator Role
– Confirmation that we can access and make changes to your site

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: How The Forum Works

Best Regards.

Really appreciate it

@ruenel checking in on this, thank you for your help

Hello @BelievePursue,

Please update the PHP code and add this in your child theme’s functions.php file:

function theme_support_override () {
    remove_theme_support('buddypress-use-legacy');
}
add_action( 'after_setup_theme', 'theme_support_override', 99999999999999 ); 

Kindly let us know how it goes.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.