Broken Theme - Huge issues

Hi Guys,

Im afraid to say that i just keep finding issue after issue with your theme and after just taking on board another website for a client it has me extremely worried. I have also recommended your theme to a few other who i know have now purchased it.

On fresh new sites i am seeing issues where you are trying to drag an element such as a or text on the page between other elements and it simply just going where it likes and not in the highlighted position that i have put it in.

Also another issue i am seeing is my pro header in safari. The text looks fine in google chrome and then in safari it just looks thin and weird. For example you can see this on my Newsletter button in the header.

Another issue is that that my background video in the pro header just does not resize correctly. Sometime when pulling around the size of the browser to something smaller, it only show part of the video and when stretching it back out the video stays the smaller size of the browser and fills the rest with the background colour for the header instead of responsively resizing. It will fill the area again only when the video loop refreshes!

I am hugely starting to regret purchasing this theme as time after time i am seeing issues that should have nothing to do with adding little bits of code to fix. It should just work out of the box and i’m getting so frustrated to point now of thinking about asking for a refund for every purchase of PRO and XTheme and moving to something else which would be awful since i have spent the last year doing several websites.

To see the site that i am referring to, you will have to enter the following into your local host file and clear your browser cache and flush your dns as i am building it ready to replace a live site:

77.104.134.196 snhs.kirklees.sch.uk

The issues mentioned above must be bugs and not just effecting me as i have several clean sites that experience this. I do appreciate all of the support but i think that you have a very broken theme at the moment. Do you have any ideas how to fix the above?

Hello @King,

Thanks for writing in! before we have released the updates, we have tested countless times in most modern browsers. We could not replicate the issues from our send. To assist you better with this issue, would you mind providing us the url of your site with login credentials so we can take a closer look?

To do this, you can create a secure note with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WordPress Admin username / password

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/how-to-get-support/288

Thank you.

Thanks @RueNel, i have added a secure note to my original post.

Thanks.

Hi Chris,

Thanks for reaching out.

I checked it on both Safari and Chrome (MAC) and I’m able to drag and drop the elements anywhere without any issue. And it works smooth.

As for font issue, it’s common issue depending on the selected font and so on. And it’s only happening on Mac, please check this https://stackoverflow.com/questions/5082632/same-font-except-its-weight-seems-different-on-different-browsers. It’s not a theme issue since this behavior isn’t predictable, example, in my installation, all fonts are working just fine and looks similar across browser in Mac. You can then add this CSS to your global custom CSS,

body, body * {
        text-rendering: optimizeLegibility; 
	-webkit-font-smoothing: antialiased;
	-moz-osx-font-smoothing: grayscale;
}

The background video works on my end too, it just has delays playing on Safari as it downloads the video file first. But, the size is perfectly fitted, may I know what size you’re seeing and what’s intended one?

What Mac and browser versions you’re testing it with? And is there any procedure on how to reproduce this issues?

And I don’t see this issues on other users too, but the font rendering is more common in Mac’s Safari users but still rare.

Thanks!

Hi @Rad,

When i add your code, it then makes chrome look as bad as safari. I am using the latest version of the chrome browser: 69.0.3497.100 and safari: 11.1.1.

Here is a screen shot of the two. Chrome is the top and safari is the bottom. Can you recommend a font that will not do this?

As you can see, the font on google chrome is thicker and much clearer which is what i want.

Also i am having a huge issue with dragging items around under Appearance > Menus and i have tried this on different machines when it it unusable, loads very very slowly and you cant drag anything around and the browser freezes. I dont have any other issues in the admin interface, I have tried re-installed WP, clear the cache and still the same. Here is a video of this: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AkGyP1q4W-CcoS8cafWcHzB9ysc_
Here is a screenshot, the menu looks corrupt with the title repeating to the right.

I have tried running a repair on the WP database to no avail. I only have a few plugins installed which come with PRO and all work on my other sites.

The video background issue happens on different browsers across windows and mac and happens when you actively resize your browser window by dragging one of the corners. See here:

Really hope you can help. I am really struggling with these issues.

Update* It appears to be when using google chrome that the menu editing is a problem. When i try it on safari its fine.

Hey Chris,

Regarding the font weight issue, regretfully, we could not help much with that because as @Rad has pointed out, it’s not predictable. In Rad’s code, you can try changing -webkit-font-smoothing: antialiased; to -webkit-font-smoothing: subpixel-antialiased; but please note that I don’t guarantee that it will work. I will however, post this in our issue tracker so our development team will know of this case and we’ll need to wait for their feedback. Cases like this needs our development team’s expertise and tools to determine what is causing this and if a solution is feasible.

Regarding the menu usage problem, It is because of the options or fields added by Cornerstone to each menu item thus multiplying the menu item elements within the page. For more details, please see the similar thread and also the specific response at https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/x-menu-js-error/39960/15?u=christian_y. A workaround is provided in that thread but please note the disclaimer also.

Regarding the video background, I’m sorry but I could not replicate the issue. Please see my screencast in the secure note.

Thanks.

Thanks @christian_y i will give that a go. Here is a video of the video issue. It seems to be when going over a certain size. If you wait, the video will resize but not responsively. Here is a screen recording.

https://1drv.ms/v/s!AkGyP1q4W-Ccows_uaQb3tALvuh8

*update - i have tried the font css but no joy i’m afraid :disappointed:

Thanks for the video. That helped clarify the issue in your site. What happens is the script that dynamically sets the background video’s width and height gets stuck only in your site. This is why if you start loading your site in a reduced browser window size and then scale the window up, you still see a small video. I didn’t noticed the problem first because when you start from a larger window then scale down, the section is still covered but the video size remains big or don’t respond.

Though I also see the gap in my test site, it only happens momentarily. I’m not sure what is causing this in your site. Would you mind testing for a plugin and script conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins and removing custom Javascripts, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

I’ll post this ins our issue tracker so this might get fixed in one of the succeeding releases.

Regarding the font, regretfully, we have no more ideas but to recommend to try other fonts. If that is happening to all fonts, we’ll post it to our issue tracker.

Thanks.

Thanks @christian_y I deactivated all plugins but the video sizing issue persists and this is a clean fresh site so it look like its a bug. Hopefully they can fix is soon in an update as i’m sure that this effects everyone.

Also re- the fonts, i will try a few others. I dont suppose you have an example of a site with a pro header and video background that you know the font is ok on? If you do know of one, it would be interesting to know what font to use.

Thanks again.

Thanks for the additional info. Regarding the video, since it’s a fresh WP install and it’s not a plugin conflict, the remaining possible cause would be in the server setup. It would be best if you could try replicating your setup in other web host also so we have more data to use or to add to my report.

Regarding the font, regretfully, we don’t have a list of fonts so you would need to test the fonts you like and see if the issue persists.

Thanks.

Thanks @christian_y Unfortunately I dont have other hosts that i could try but FYI the host that i use for all my sites is Siteground and i have never had a problem with them. I think its probably the theme and i hope the developers can fix it sooner rather than later as a couple of my clients chose the pro header for the video behind the menu.

thanks.

You’re welcome, Chris. This is still being investigated. Please stay tuned.

Thanks.

Hello @King,

Your new response was withdrawn.
If you need anything else we can help you with, don’t hesitate to open another thread.

Regards.

Thanks guys. I withdrew a silly question that i found the answer to seconds after i added it haha! :slight_smile:

You’re welcome as always.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.