Broken Page

I updated a couple a url for seo purposes and the page looks fine in editing mode but it’s broken live. Any ideas?

Hi there.

Kindnof an expert in breaking websites (as a test. Not because we suck at it hehe). Open the inspector and check for errors there (right click on the page + inspect).

My guess is that you have a problem with JS or CSS somewhere.

If you have a cache plugin enabled, flush it and check the site in incognito mode.

Thst might help you get started.

Got it, thanks. I did that and yea, it looks like there is an unknown URL scheme. I’m editing in PRO. When I changed the URLs of the others, I didn’t get that error. Not sure why it’s happening here or how to fix it.

Maybe it was the recent update but I restored my site to the version before the update and the page is fixed. However, if it was the update, I would assume the other pages would have been corrupted as well.

Hello @Raheem,

After doing the theme/plugin updates or any site changes, always remember to clear all caches (if you are using WP Rocket, WP SuperCache or W3 Total Cache) when updating so that the code from the latest release is always in use. This will help you to avoid any potential errors.

And please clear your browser cache too. You may use private browsing mode in testing your site to make sure that you are viewing the latest codes from the updates and not the cached version in your browser.

If nothing is helping, provide us access to your site so that we can check your settings. Please create a secure note with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WP login URL
– WP username
– WP password
– WP Administrator Role
- Confirmation that we can access and make changes to your site

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: How The Forum Works

Best Regards.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.