Broken Frontend | Backend not editable

Hi, I think I need your support. After upgrading the X theme (7.2.3) and Cornerstone (4.2.3) and Wordpress to 5.5.
the frontend of this site: http://www.giovanderhelm.nl/ is not visible in Chrome. I can’t edit the backend in Cornerstone while the content still exist.
Hope to hear soon,
Thanks in advance,

Barbara

Hello Barbara,

Thanks for posting in! Normally when a WP site displays a white screen of death after any updates, it may have encountered a fatal error. Usually, this error comes from a fatal error like memory exhaustion, or some of the functions added in your child theme’s functions.php is no longer supported. Can you please enable the debug mode? You can do this by opening wp-config.php and adding

define('WP_DEBUG', true);

/* That's all, stop editing! Happy blogging. */

When you revisit the page, you should have some error output describing the issue in more detail. If nothing is helping, please provide us FTP and WP access to your site so that we can check your settings. Please create a secure note with the following info:

• WP Login URL
    – WP username
    – WP password

• FTP hostname

• FTP username

• FTP password

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: How The Forum Works

Best Regards.

Hey Barbara,

The provided FTP credentials don’t work. Please update us with the correct credentials.

Thanks.

Sorry Christian,

I double checked the FTP connection in Filezilla and it works fine (see attachment)

Summary

Barbara

Hi Barbara,

Your website front-end is now up and you can also access your back-end. The culprit is the Gravity Form plugin, currently I disabled the plugin because it is causing some issue due to outdated version. If you wish to continue working with Gravity Form which I also highly recommended with in comes using Form in WordPress, you need to buy a license code and update the plugin to have compatibility with the latest version of WordPress.

Hope that helps.

Thank you.

Thank you!
I disabled Gravity Forms. I’m looking how to build a contact form with one of the elements within Cornerstone.
Which element do I have to choose to activate a form id from another Form Builder?
Hope to hear, Barbara

Hi Barbara,

Instead of Gravity Form you can use the Contact Form 7 plugin to create the form, here is the link from where you can get the plugin: https://wordpress.org/plugins/contact-form-7/
Just to inform you that there is no such from builder available to create the contact form, but you can use this plugin from WordPress repository.

Hope it helps.

Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.