Broken back-end. Can't update theme

The backend of my Theme is broken after a recent update. When I go to enter the license it results in a blank page. Tried deleting and doing a fresh theme install, but no luck. All plugins are updated so I’m not sure what the issue could be. The front end is fine, but without being able to update the theme on the backend is becoming an issue.

Screenshot example:

Hi @ahmedsiddiqui,

Thank you for reaching out to us. It seems like your WordPress installation is somehow corrupted. Try re-installing WordPress and see if this resolves the issue.

If the issue persists then please try the troubleshooting steps here https://theme.co/docs/common-issues

If nothing works then please get back to us with the result of the steps above and URL/User/Pass of your WordPress dashboard using the Secure Note functionality of the post to follow up the case.

Thanks!

Hi i tried installing wordpress again and it did not fix the issue.

Hey @ahmedsiddiqui ,

I checked your site and the reason this is happening is that you’ve updated the X to the latest version but haven’t updated Cornerstone to the newer version. To avoid the incompatibility issues and potential errors, always make sure to update both X and Cornerstone to the latest versions.

You can find the latest version numbers here: (https://theme.co/docs/version-compatibility) Then you can compare them to what’s installed on your site.

If you find anything to be out of date, you can review our update guide.

After doing the updates, always remember to clear all caches (if you are using WP Rocket, WP SuperCache or W3 Total Cache) when updating so that the code from the latest release is always in use. This will help you to avoid any potential errors.

Let us know how this goes!

Hi, but i can’t update the plugins because I cannot enter the serial to validate the install. Every time I do that, the site gets a 500 error and displays a blank page.

Hi @ahmedsiddiqui,

I tried to access your website with the credentials you provided but I am not able to log in, please see the Secure Note if it is the right access and also can you provide us FTP access.

Thank you.

Hi, updated credentials are below.

Hello @ahmedsiddiqui,

This issue usually happened if you have updated the X theme and forgot to update Cornerstone version as well. I went ahead and resolved the issue for you. I simple deactivated the Cornerstone plugin and delete it completely. I have re-installed the Cornerstone plugin that is bundled in the X theme. I have also validated your X theme.

Kindly check your site now.

Thank you! It is displaying properly now. I greatly appreciate your help and quick support!

You are most welcome!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.