Breadcrumbs on portfolio items linked through essential grid

Hi,
I am using multiple Essential Grids on a single page to link to about 35 portfolio items.
However once you click on the image on the grid taking you to the portfolio item there is no easy way back.
Is there a way to get breadcrumbs on the portfolio items? Thanks

Hello Sarah,

Thanks for writing in!

You can enable the breadcrumbs by going to X > Theme Options > Header > Miscellaneous.

Please let us know if this works out for you.

Hi,
Thanks.
The Essential Grids are on a page called Summer Exhibition 2019 Online Catalogue.
When you click onto a Portfolio item the breadcrumbs are showing the page Members> then the portfolio item.

Help!!

Here’s the page.

Hey Sarah,

Sorry for the confusion. The breadcrumbs will not go back the page you inserted your grid because the page itself does not have connection to the X Portfolio post type.

For this case, I’d recommend changing the link of the grid icon to your actual grid page.

To do that, add this code in Theme Options > JS.

jQuery(".entry-parent").attr("href", "https://lakeartists.org.uk/summer-exhibition-2019-online-catalogue/");

If you’re going to change the URL in the future, also change it in the code.

Hope that helps.

That’s great. Thank you.
Just one more thing. Is there any way to change the grid icon to something really user friendly…like an arrow.
Thanks

Hello Sarah,

Because what you are trying to accomplish requires a template customization, we would highly to suggest that you use a child theme. This allows you to make code changes that won’t be overwritten when an X update is released.

After the child theme is set up, please add the following code in your child theme’s functions.php file

// Custom Parent Portfolio Link with Arrow Icon
// =============================================================================

if ( ! function_exists( 'x_ethos_entry_top_navigation' ) ) :
  function x_ethos_entry_top_navigation() {

if ( x_is_portfolio_item() ) {
      $link = "https://lakeartists.org.uk/summer-exhibition-2019-online-catalogue/";
    } elseif ( x_is_product() ) {
      $link = x_get_shop_link();
    }

$title = esc_attr( __( 'See All Posts', '__x__' ) );

?>

<div class="entry-top-navigation">
        <a href="<?php echo $link; ?>" class="entry-parent" title="<?php $title; ?>"><i class="x-icon-arrow-left" data-x-icon-s="&#xf060;"></i></a>
        <?php x_entry_navigation(); ?>
      </div>

<?php

}
endif;
// =============================================================================

Hope this helps. Please let us know how it goes.

Thanks for your help!

You’re always welcome Sarah.

Cheers!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.