Breadcrumb + Category/Archive/etc big title is missing in Pro?

Hi guys, So I’ve been playing with Pro in my test site and found this problem. The Breadcrumb is not there, and the H1 title for most archive pages (search result page, category page, Tag page, Month, Year, Shop, Portfolio, etc) is missing.

I found this solution: https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/category-title-section-missing-from-blog-posts/26001/4

However, that’s all about playing with the pro header. What about editing the child theme so the title could appear right above the content, not mixed inside the header?

The right box is what I try to get. Could somebody help me about this request?

Thanks in advance guys!

Hey Sandy,

Before I give a temporary workaround for this, please note that this is custom development which requires web development knowledge. We are not responsible if the instructions provided will not work in the future nor we will fix the code in case of problems.

Also, if the planned Layout Builder is out, I’d recommend that you rebuild this part of your site. See the links below for more details.

With that clear, here are the steps:

1. Assuming you’re using the Integrity stack, copy wp-index.php from pro\framework\views\integrity to the same folder structure in your child theme like pro-child\framework\views\integrity

2. We’ll still use the shortcode provided in the other thread but we’ll output it using do_shortcode in the index template. Open the copied index file and paste this code:

<?php echo do_shortcode('[awesome_landmark]'); ?>

above this line:

<?php x_get_view( 'global', '_index' ); ?>

I’ve tested it and it works in my dummy site.

Hope that helps.

1 Like

Wow, looks great! Thank you so much Christian!

I actually used some simpler method by rewriting the big code into my version and remove what I don’t need.

add_action( 'x_before_view_global__index', 'print_custom_header' );
function print_custom_header(){
	if( is_search() ){
		?>
		<h1 class="h-landmark">Search Results</h1>
		<p class="p-landmark-sub"><span>You searched for "</strong><?php echo esc_html( get_search_query( false ) ); ?></strong>? Here's the result:</span></p>
		<?php
	}
	if(is_category() || x_is_portfolio_category()){

$meta     = x_get_taxonomy_meta();
		$title    = ( $meta['archive-title']    != '' ) ? $meta['archive-title']    : __( 'Category Archive', '__x__' );
		$subtitle = ( $meta['archive-subtitle'] != '' ) ? $meta['archive-subtitle'] : __( "Below you'll find a list of all posts that have been categorized as ", '__x__' ) . '<strong>&ldquo;' . single_cat_title( '', false ) . '&rdquo;</strong>';

?>
		<h1 class="h-landmark"><span><?php echo $title ?></span></h1>
			<p class="p-landmark-sub"><span><?php echo $subtitle ?></span></p>
		<?php
	}	
}

It worked, but the result is not as good as yours. THanks again for the help, can’t wait for the new version that include content builder. :slight_smile:

Glad to know!

Thanks

1 Like

Hi Christian, For some reason, the shop (woo) front, category and tag failed to display the title. I wonder if your test site is fine?

Blog category/tag, search result page, month year archives, and portfolio category/tag all working fine now. Only the Woo need some wooing. :relaxed: :rofl:

Please check if Shop Header is enabled in Theme Options > Integrity.

Then, copy woocommerce.php from framework\views\integrity to your child theme and follow step 2 but instead of the global index line, add it below:

<div class="<?php x_main_content_class(); ?>" role="main">

I should have used that in the previous instruction.

Hope that helps.

1 Like

It’s working very very well now. Thank you Chris!!!

You’re most welcome!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.