Brand new Wordpress Setup Cornerstone is saying File Not Found when selectig anything other than settings

I have decided to try web design again, and I’m already not off to a good start.

Wordpress 5.9 is installed on the server, X Theme 9.14.
X Theme is activated, and cornerstone plugin is installed.

I look on the forum and see people saying “file not found” which is the error I am getting, but they also mention error code 404 which I am not seeing.
The custom path for cornerstone is “cornerstone”
When I click on anything other than settings. For example the template manager.
https://www.3tsolutions.ca/cornerstone/launch/template-manager
All I get is a lovely file not found.
I noticed a reference to "htaccess " one suggestion is to rename it to .bak the other is to add some code. When I go into file manager on the server and search for this file, I cannot find the file.
It was definitely not this difficult the first time I used the X theme.
I have also manually installed the plugin to achieve the same results.

I have also deleted the theme and plugin and tried again from scratch.

Hello Shawn,

Thanks for writing in! Please go to Settings > Permalinks and select “Post Name” or any of the setting other than the default one. Save your changes and test the Cornerstone or Theme Options again. If this is not helping, please provide us access to your site. You can create a secure note in your next reply with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WP login URL
– WP username
– WP password
– WP Administrator Role
- Confirmation that we can access and make changes to your site

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: How The Forum Works

Best Regards.

I tried this, still had the same issue even after re-installing the theme again.

I’ll include the info you need in the secure note.

Hello Shawn,

Even if you go to Appearance > Themes and select Twenty Twenty-Two theme, when viewing the sample page, it still displays “File not found”. What this means is that the issue could be with your hosting provider or in your WordPress installation. Please contact your hosting provider for further assistance.

In the meantime, kindly check out this articles:

Best Regards.

Hey buddy.

My apologies. I was so excited to try the X theme again that I went right to it without bothering to go anywhere else. I will be sure to make sure everything else is working next time.
I think it has something to do with the fact that I changed my installation directory. Not sure if its necessary to modify or leave as default for security purposes.

Take care.

Hi Shawn,

Glad that you are able to find the reason behind your issue.

Thanks

I erased wordpress and started over.
If you want to add this to your list of questions to ask the customer - did they go into the wordpress settings and change http to https, add www. etc.

Now I cannot seem to revoke my license and activate it again. Correct url. Unlocked my license, pasted the registration code, pressed enter. Keeps saying that I my license is in use.

Nevermind. I am good to go now.
I thought there was some advantage to installing WP to 3tsolutions.ca/wpinstall and that I could somehow re-direct my page to just be www.3tsolutions.ca but it appears I cannot do that.

Not sure if my idea of using wpinstall would add any security benefit against being hacked. That was my original thought.

Thank you again for your quick responses.

Hi Shawn,

Glad to know that everything is good now.

Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.