Border / Looper Bug

Hi there,

Losing my mind currently: every time I paste an ACF Dynamic Content Looper in the border-bottom value, it is being cut …

Help, please …

All the very best
Pavlo

Hey Pavlo,

Thanks for reaching out!

I’ve checked the video you’ve posted but I am not quite sure of what do you mean by being cut. Would you mind sharing more information? It would also be best if you could share with us your admin credentials so that we can check your settings properly. To do that, please give us the following information in a Secure Note.

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin level username and password
  • Page URL or Layout Builder Name

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts.

Cheers!

Hello Marc, apologies for the delayed response. There definitely is a bug here, since the bottom border is not displaying correctly when the dynamic value is set. Concretely, the second half of the entered Text String is being deleted. You can see in the video that it works when applying the same value to all borders.

I have added the secure note. Thanks for the help!

Best
Pavlo

Hi Pavlo,

I have checked the page but like my colleague I am also not able to find the issue you are trying to point out. I have checked all the values set to the Border and it reflects in the frontend. I would suggest you please provide any screenshot marked with the issue to recognize the problem.

Thanks

Hi tristup,

As you can see in the video,
if I enter the value
{{dc:looper:field key="background_color"}}
in the border bottom field
and leave the entry modal
the last part key="background_color"}} disappears.

What stays inside the field is {{dc:looper:field.
Which is why the value is not passing to the looper.

My question is:
Why is that last part key="background_color"}} being deleted?

I have attached two screenshots to clarify:

1. Shows the value pasted.

2. Shows the result when leaving the modal.

You could also watch the video which shows distinctly what is happening.

In addition, please note, it only affects the border BOTTOM value. Applying it to the border (all) works perfectly fine.

I hope I could clarify.

Best
Pavlo

Hi Pavlo,

Now it is clear what exactly you are trying to do. But unfortunately, the Color Options does not support the Dynamic Content tag currently.

Thanks

All right, can you tell me a workaround? And why does it work when applied to border all?

And @tristup is there a list of supported ACF Fields somewhere?

Hi Pavlo,

Unfortunately, there is no alternative workaround to work with the Color options. Regarding the ACF fields you can go through the following article.

Hope it helps.
Thanks

As far as I know, https://theme.co/docs/acf-pro doesn’t state which fields are supported by Themeco. Or which are not …
Regarding the colour, would it be possible to use an ACF text field and enter a HEX Value?

Just checked it only says:

Field Type , there is a huge range of options from a simple text area to Wysiwyg editors and much much more.

Which I interpret as all field types are usable …

Hello Pavlo,

The issue is not with the ACF textfield or that the type of value you have inserted in the ACF field. At the moment, the Color picker does not fully support dynamic content. This is why you ACF dynamic content is being cut off. It may have work at first and then not on the other as this is a bug and does not have full feature support. This has been forwarded to our developers already. We cannot guarantee any alternatives or fixed. We will just have to wait on the developers.

Thank you for your understanding.

: (
Alright …

Hi Pavlo,

You are most welcome.

Thank You, for your time. I’m sorry to bother you.

Hi Pavlo,

It’s OK. Please let me know if you need any further help.

Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.