Blurry Blog Images

Hi! I’m working on transferring my blog posts from an old site to my new site and seem to be having an issue with blurry images. I’ve set the “large” size in the backend to be a max of 1024x1024. The images are probably around 1900x1200 and I’ve marked all the blog post images to show as “large”. Do the images need to be the exact size as the large image setting? Could they be blurry because they’re being shrunk a bit? I assumed as long as they’re larger and not smaller, it wouldn’t pose a problem.

An example post is: http://sundaysrochester.com/kale-caesar-with-crispy-chickpeas/

Here’s one of the original images from my computer to compare. It’s not really showing up that clear attached here, but the actual image is very sharp. While not a HUGE difference, when you’re viewing pictures of food, it matters.Thank you!

Hi There,

Thanks for writing in! I see the original image size is 1265px X 1900px. Could you please try resizing your picture using an image resizing tool and then upload it to your site and see if that helps. For example if you’re using Mac, you can use the it’s default picture viewer or you can find a resizing tool.

Hope that helps.

The original size was much bigger so I did resize it on my Mac before uploading, but you’re suggesting to resize again to the size shown here (800x1202)? Just want to make sure I’m understanding! Thanks.

Hi there,

Before we go further with that resizing, how did you insert those images on your page? It appears to be wrapped by elements related to innercomp_wrtc2c80 and it’s not from the theme. And images are resized to about 600px which is blurry since it’s stretched on larger view.

Thanks!

I inserted them right in the blog posts through the “Media” button. I resized them to around 1900x1200 so they weren’t as massive as the original photo, before uploading. I don’t know what “inntercomp_wrtc2c80” means. Why/how are the images resized to 600px if I uploaded larger sizes? Sorry, I’m still new to understanding most of this WP stuff. Appreciate your help!

Hi there,

In that case, please provide your admin login credentials in a secure note and I’ll check it directly there :slight_smile:

Thanks!

Hi there,

I am not sure that I see the problem here. I added 2 test posts to your website. The first one is built with Cornerstone and I used the Image Element to add the image.

The second one is used with the simple WordPress Editor and the media button. I chose the Full-Width one and all show the images correctly and the size is actually the one you have uploaded originally:

Our theme does use the normal WordPress system to show the images. So the result would not be any different if you change the theme from X to a default WordPress theme.

Thank you

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.