Bluehost urges me to upgrade my PHP Software

Hi.

I just received an email from my hosting provider, Bluehost, and I don’t know how to procceed. They state this:

In an ongoing effort to bring you the very best products and services, we’re excited to announce that we will be upgrading all of our servers to newer versions of PHP. In addition to improved data processing, which can boost your site’s speed and performance, you’ll also gain increased security. Newer versions of PHP have more frequent security updates to help protect your site against unwanted hacks or malware.

When will it happen?
At some point during the upgrade window – September 28, 2020 through October 2, 2020 – your account will be updated, and older versions of PHP will no longer be supported. You may experience a brief disruption in service, but we will work to upgrade your site quickly with the most updated version of PHP software your website will support.

Do I need to do anything on my end?

Yes, to avoid a negative impact to your site, we recommend that you upgrade all of your web installations to the newest PHP software available before we move your account. Newer versions of PHP are already available on your current server, and you can set your site to use those versions with this guide helpful

You should also backup all of your website files.

Thank you for your advice!

Hi @luisfico,
Thanks for reaching out.

Upgrading of server software is an ongoing process of the Hosting Service Providers. If are having any issues on it, I would suggest you to contact with the Hosting Service provider support team on this.

Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.