Blogpage preview

Hi, pls check http://gitarre-nuernberg.de/blog/

This site is build not as blogpage. It´s a “regular” page with element “recent post”.
I did it that way, because I wanna have the sidebar only on this page.

Do it set this page as blogpage the article preview is a little different.
–> https://prnt.sc/hswni0
There is atext preview and there are the keywords above the preview.

I wanna have the look of the screenshot, but the main sidebar.
How can I combine that. Can I set the “recent post” element in the same way?

Thanks
Andre

Hi There,

Thanks for writing in! You can use the Recent Post widget and add it into your main sidebar. Head over to Appearance -> Widgets area.

Hope that helps.

Hi, thanks for help, but maybe I didn´t make myself clear.
If I set the blogpage here: https://prnt.sc/ht9e19
it looks like this --> https://prnt.sc/ht9egf
Which is pretty cool for me. But can´t/don´t know how to add a subscribe-button here.

So I changed it in the setting, and added the recent post element and sidebar to the section of my page.
And then it looks like this: https://prnt.sc/ht9fq6
As you can see the preview text of the article is missing etc.

What I want it the articleview from here https://prnt.sc/ht9egf incl. the “Abonnieren” button from here https://prnt.sc/ht9fq6

Thx
Andre

Hey Andre,

What you most probably mean is the excerpt. The Recent Post shortcode does not support it so it would require custom development.

Your option would be to use either the Essential Grid or The Grid plugin instead of the Recent Post element.

Thanks.

Ok, then I try these plug in´s. thx

You’re most welcome!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.