Blog Post Spacing

Is there a way I can adjust the margins for my blog posts? I want my content areas for my pages to be full width but I don’t want my blog posts to be full width. Here is an example of pages that needs margins on the right and left side.

http://rockymtnemploymentlawyers.com/news-publications/

http://rockymtnemploymentlawyers.com/todd-mcnamara-rated-preeminent-lawyer-in-the-area-of-labor-and-employment/

I have some CSS so some of my content areas are full width so I would still like that part to stay. The hero image on this page is an example.

http://rockymtnemploymentlawyers.com/

Thanks,
Shawn

Hi @sherbs440,

Thanks for writing in.

Add this in your custom CSS:

.blog .x-container.max.width.offset, .single-post.x-container.max.width.offset {
max-width: 1200px;
width: 88%;
} 

The CSS above will adjust the width of your single post and blog list page.

Let us know how it goes.

Hope it helps.

Thanks.

Thanks! That worked for the listings but not that individual blog posts. Is there some CSS to adjust a single listing like this page: http://rockymtnemploymentlawyers.com/todd-mcnamara-rated-preeminent-lawyer-in-the-area-of-labor-and-employment/

Hello there,

Thank you for keeping us updated! :slight_smile:

May you try also adding this to your custom CSS please?

.entry-wrap {
    padding: 60px 0;
    max-width: 1200px;
    margin: 0 auto;
}

I hope this helps.

Excellent! That worked, thanks!

No worries! :slight_smile:

Almost have it. It fixed the blog post:

http://rockymtnemploymentlawyers.com/todd-mcnamara-rated-preeminent-lawyer-in-the-area-of-labor-and-employment/

Now the home page isn’t full width(http://rockymtnemploymentlawyers.com/). Is there some CSS just to change the blog post page and not the home page or rest of the site?

Thanks for the help!

Hi There,

The CSS adjustment as stated targets blog index page and single pages only. For normal page like homepage, if you want it to be fullwidth, under Page Template > Choose No Container kind of template. The size of the container is the settings you have for Site Width and Site Max width on Layout and Design Tab from Theme Options. Choosing no container page template means the page is fullwidth.

Hope this helps.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.