Blog post meta now includes the text from a button

I recent updated my site, and my blog page that shows the content meta of the post now also includes the text “read all” from the bottom of my post page. This is different than previously. Link to main blog page below:

https://mgfin.com/blog/

I have used the same template for all of my posts and not changed the settings. I verified that any new post I make shows this way.

The first post: Range of Uncertainty is showing the “read all” text where all others are not. Please let me know how I can make sure that is not showing for future posts.

Thanks!

Hi Jeallmann,

Thank you for writing in, that is happening because you have only few words on that post “Range of Uncertainty”.

You can do two ways to resolve this, first is to reduce the Excerpt Lenght options under Theme Options > Blog. Make it just enough that the button’s text won’t be included.

Or use the Manual Excerpt native to Wordpress.

How to Customize WordPress Excerpts

Hope it helps,
Cheers!

HI @friech

Thanks for the reply. What you provided makes sense. I do however still have a question, is this due to a change that Theme.co made? I ask because there are other, older, posts that have less excerpt than “Range of Uncertainty” and do not show the read all from the button. Example is “Fear is Normal” which was posted on March 23rd. ( 8th post in the list on the blog page).

Thanks!

Hey @jeallmann,

This feature was there ever since, you probably have turned off the Full Post Content On Index option recently that’s why the Read All button has started to show up.

You can get rid of this, by navigating to Theme Options > Blog > Content and turn On Full Post Content On Index option (see screenshot)

Hope this helps!

Hello,

You are correct that I have Full Post Content On Index OFF, when are turn it on it does not solve what my questions is. This just shows the entirety of my post including the Read All button.

This is not what I am trying to achieve.

What I am concerned about is why only NEW posts are including the “read all” text and the end but none of the previous posts are regardless of the length of the meta.

This is concerning because it may cause my users to try to click the read all text and nothing will happen.

This images shows how the two newest posts are showing the read all text where the third post is not, along with all the others that are older.

Hello @jeallmann,

Please be aware that we do not have Read All in the theme by default. You must have made some modifications or have translated the Read More link somewhere in your child theme. You will need to change the Read All into something like read more instead. If nothing is helping, provide us access to your site so that we can check your settings. Please create a secure note with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WordPress Admin username / password

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: How The Forum Works

Best Regards.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.