Blog page with pagination and filtering by category

Hi Themeco Team,

Our blog was built using The Grid plugin and has been operational for a couple years. We have liked this plugin because it has given us the ability to paginate the posts archive and provides for easy post category filtering. Recently, we have noticed issues with this plugin, most notably that posts load only one at a time when using the “Load More” option. Additionally, according to the X Theme documentation, it looks like The Grid is no longer being developed or supported by your team and that Themeco users who were using the grid should switch to the native Posts Elements if they want to achieve similar functionality:

I have tried using the Posts element with a Looper Provider and within the Layout Builder for use on the WP blog archive page. When I tried to build a blog page with the Looper Provider, it appeared that pagination was not possible, and when I used the Posts element within the Layout Builder for the WP blog archive page, filtering posts by category was not possible.

Am I wrong about the above assessment? Is there a way to build a blog layout in X Theme that allows for both pagination and filtering blog posts by category? As these features were integral parts of The Grid plugin and now users of The Grid are being directed toward using the Posts Elements instead, is there a similar functionality that can be achieved using the Posts Elements?

Thank you!

1 Like

Hello @Hyperbits,

Thanks for writing in!

When using the Posts elements on a blog index or archive page, you need to disable the Looper Provider so that the Pagination will work.

And then, with Posts element on a normal page, pagination will not work. The pagination is only for the archive pages. If you are looking to filter the posts by category, perhaps this video can help you:

Best Regards.

Hi @ruenel,

Thank you for your support on this. Are the methods used in this video able to be used on the blog index or archive page so that this kind of filtering is possible alongside pagination?

Thank you.

Hello @Hyperbits,

The video demo is recommended on a normal page. The page will also reload. It may not work properly when used on a blog index or archive pages.

Best Regards.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.