Blog Page Title

Hi,

I am making some changes to my menu on a staging site. Everything looks good, except I am having some issues with the Blog index page. For some reason, the custom intro title and copy are all messed up on the staging site. Nothing changed about the customizations I made. Any idea How I can fix this? Image attached that shows the issue. Thanks!

You gave me the following code to create the title and intro for this page:

<?php // ============================================================================= // VIEWS/ETHOS/WP-INDEX.PHP // ----------------------------------------------------------------------------- // Index page output for Ethos. // ============================================================================= $is_filterable_index = is_home() && x_get_option( 'x_ethos_filterable_index_enable' ) == '1'; ?> <?php get_header(); ?>
<?php x_get_view( 'ethos', '_post', 'slider' ); ?>

<div class="offset cf">
  <div class="<?php x_main_content_class(); ?>" role="main">

  	<?php if ( is_home() ) : ?>

      	<div class="custom-content">
      		<p>Add your custom content here</p>
      	</div>

    <?php endif; ?>

    <?php if ( $is_filterable_index ) : ?>
      <?php x_get_view( 'ethos', '_index' ); ?>
    <?php else : ?>
      <?php x_get_view( 'global', '_index' ); ?>
    <?php endif; ?>

  </div>

  <?php get_sidebar(); ?>

</div>
<?php get_footer(); ?>

Hello There,

Thanks for writing in! You are experiencing this issue because you have added these css blocks:


  /* firefox slider*/
@media(min-width: 900px){
  body.x-navbar-fixed-top-active .x-navbar-wrap {
	position: absolute;
	left: 0;
	right: 0;
	top: 0;
  }
}
.blog .x-main{
  position:relative;
  top:-80px!important;
}

Without the css code block, you should have something like this:

Hope this helps. Please let us know how it goes.

Thanks so much for the reply.

That helped. However, I am still missing the “Discover” header. Any idea why this is? You can see that it appears on the live site, but not the staging site. I am using the same code:

.blog h1.h-landmark:after {
padding-top:7%;
color:#272727!important; ;
font-size:2.8em!important;
float:left;
display: inline-block!important;
max-width:520px!important;
text-transform: uppercase;
content:'Discover';
visibility: visible;
}

Thanks so much!

Hi There,

That is because of your Blog title is appearing on the live site, but not in the staging site (https://snag.gy/TKFMyu.jpg). So that the .blog h1.h-landmark:after will not target anything.

Thanks!