Blog page 2 not located

Hi guys,

I think this might be a bit out of scope for here as I believe this is could be a Wordpress issue rather than a theme X, but not entirely sure. So apologies if it is out of the realms of theme X.

On our blog page, it has now gone over to a page 2 (which should just be automatically generated). However, once clicking to go to page 2, we get the below error message.

Any idea why this would be happening and how to fix it?

Thanks very much for your assistance.

Regards,

Greta

Hey,

You can try to save the permalinks at Dashboard > Settings > Permalinks

If the issue persists, can you provide your website link and the WP credentials in a secure note?

Hi John,

Thank you for your advice. I can’t seem to get it to work so I have now attached WP credentials via a secure note.

Thanks again for your help.

Cheers,

Greta

Hey,

Thanks for the credentials :slight_smile:

I have checked your site and at the Dashboard > Settings > Reading > there isn`t a page to show the posts, so, I created a example and assigned there and the blog is working normally now! Check the link in the private note.


Hi Team,

sorry, I am not following.

When I go to [secure note] and then scroll down to the number 2, I still get a “can’t find page” warning.

There is another article that should be on page 2, the last one on your test page: https://www.drtamarahunter.com.au/blog-test/page/3/ about IVF success rates. This one is not showing up on the normal page 2.

Can you point us in the right direction?

Hi again,

It looks like a permalinks issue, I did a test by changing Custom Structure to Post Name Structure via Dashboard > Settings > Permalinks and the blog pagination started to work. Please make sure to use correct custom permalink structure or use a default one.

Hope this helps!

Hi Nabeel,

Thank you for the change. However, the blog page-2 link still won’t work. The error message of “404 Page Not Found”

What I have discovered is if you put the URL https://www.drtamarahunter.com.au/category/blog/page/2/
Then page-2 is working. However, I have to manually put this in (the ‘category’ aspect of the URL). Therefore, in terms of people looking at blog section, they would still get the error message.

Do you have any more suggestions? Thanks for your ongoing help!

Hi there,

I went to your website and changed the Blog Test page, and made the URL to blog and the name to blog either. Now you can see if you click on the Articles button from the homepage it goes to the desired page and shows the normal blog system which works regarding the pagination.

It shows one blog post per row in one column. If you want to have masonry mode instead you can go to X > Launch > Options > Blog and also for further customization you can go to X > Launch > Options > Renew > Blog.

Thank you.